Menu
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Aborted message possible fault!

• Hi Hello,

i have a rights to get this vital sms text service to be sent to landline phone WITHOUT further problem & please do not ignore this message thank you.

for sometime this week there I think there is a fault on your system in which I cannot get virgin Uk team to response to my sms text message sent to: +44 7533 016422 as it’s was not aborted last week, but today & yesterday this ins’t working which I getting the reply is (Your message was aborted as you currently hold another conversation on a different skill channel.). I am sure there is a fault as I have kept repeating yes to 07533 051809 (Are you still ok to wait for us to get back to you (via Messaging) as soon as someone is available? Just reply Yes or No.). Why I cannot get them to respond to my sms text as I have not received a promptly reply at all when the text message came this week as I sent a reply is yes several time to no response at all. Has their system has a fault? It’s about the fault which it’s to do with sending sms text message to fixed landline phone in which it’s should have been fixed to enabled deaf mobile user to enable to send sms text message which it against the law in place within all mobile providers under ofcom rules like EE & why not virgin?

andrew. 

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Aborted message possible fault!

No offence meant towards you Andrew, but you have been battling this for 18 months now and it's looks like Virgin's system is never going to work with a SMS to a Landline.

Just thinking it maybe time for you to throw the towel in and move to a network which does support SMS to Landlines.

Once again not at dig at you, just think your life could be a lot happier if you did 🤗

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

This is utter ridiculous as I going to make a formal complaint to ofcom because virgin is breaching deaf mobile users rights in which EE is very expensive which it’s ridiculous monthly amount & what the point of going to a very expensive mobile provider as virgin is good value & good speed 4g network is very fast with virgin. Virgin shouldn’t have disabled a feature to enable deaf mobile user from sending to fixed landline phone is the reason which it’s should comply within all the mobile providers which have the system in place to enable hundred of thousand of deaf users it’s not fair. Why is virgin had disabled a feature to stopping me sending sms text message to the fixed landline phone as I getting  “FAILED DELIVERY” it is wrong as it should have successfully delivered as it’s not is not working & virgin should have fixed the faults on their system straightaway as it’s been on for 18months it’s not good enough of the faults as I am not fully satisfied of the faults on the system. Can the uk team fix the faults ASAP so I can enable to send sms text message to fixed landline phone ASAP without any more problem texting to fixed landline phone without delay please?

andrew.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

My understanding is that mobile and fixed line companies are obliged to operate a text relay service but I can find nowhere where it states they have to operate SMS to landline and I doubt if such is covered by the disabilities act.

I'm afraid you are not going to get your request if Virgin have decided not to offer the service. 

You don't have to go with EE there are more choices and some good deals out there. 

0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Honestly I have no idea which mobile provider do sms text sent to fixed landline that there are only two one is EE & Vodafone which they’re are very dear as I wish virgin do the same thing like EE & Vodafone to be fair as I cannot find one which worked ok except EE I& not the rest it is ridiculous it is very unfair which should be covered under ofcom rules in place. I shall make a complaint to cisas ASAP. As it’s disgusting hopeless.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

If Vodafone do it then it may be Voxi does too. I can check it in the morning if you like.

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@enlli wrote:

If Vodafone do it then it may be Voxi does too. I can check it in the morning if you like.

A Voxi SIM does send ok to Landlines.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

thanks that there is no info of whether if all the major mobile provider as I thrived three there is still problem sending sms text to fixed landline phone after I migrated from t-mobile to three & as well as virgin it’s still wont be sent to fixed landline phone to what it’s should be doing the vital system I place like EE had as I cannot understand why there is no information on all the mobile providers which I think it’s misleading or they’re do not support deaf mobile users texting to fixed landline phone. I tried action for hearing text relay to no avail so I stickingbwith virgin without switching to anymore mobile provider as I going to make a formal to cisas because there is a system fault or virgin shouldn’t have disabled a feature to stopping deaf mobile users from sending sms text to fixed landline phone which honestly is in breached of ofcom rules as I taking action ASAP as I got loads of deadlock letter from your company.

andrew.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello Andrew, thank you for your post.

Can I just confirm, is the SIM card you have with us red or purple?

We're currently in the process of migrating our services from the EE network to our own Virgin Media network, in the process of this the text to landline service is not included in our new Virgin Media controlled SIM cards, when doing this we did contact customers through SMS to advise of this change, apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

We do still have alternative ways to contact ourselves and emergency services if this is needed which can be found on our accessibility page.

If you let us know the colour of your SIM card we'll let you know if this is the reason for the error showing for you. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

thank you for message. My SIM card at first in 2017 it’s was red at first, but until September it’s was upgraded to purple sim when I upgraded the data allowance last year. I have a perfect RIGHTS to send in sms text message to both mobile & fixed landline phone THAT it’s should be upgraded to enable me to send sms text message because I am deaf that i requires to use sms text message to both type of phone to mobile & landline which I been doing this for 10 years & why it’s had stopped working as it’s shouldn't be like this is an offence against the disabled. Could I have it put right without any further matter please?see screenshot of error list of failed sms text message below for your info.

andrew

268F8A2A-3AF1-4038-8F9B-26D1ECE44D39.jpegA033E52B-2457-471A-BA60-81112B05AA13.jpeg

0 Kudos