Menu
Moselritter
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G data speeds slow

Good morning,

I was hoping for a working LTE signal this morning, but still having troubles at SW1X 8PZ..... I am so annoyed. I will report it again to Virgin Mobile. Anyone else having problem in this area? 3G works fine, but of course slower speed.....

Regards

0 Kudos
Pyro_san
Tuning in
Message 22 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Still trash at Oxford Circus as well.

This is ridiculous...

0 Kudos
perhley
Tuning in
Message 23 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Same here and I'm in the SW1X area too. Really awful data speeds.
0 Kudos
Moselritter
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys,

I reported the issue again. I found out that standing in from of my office the signal works when moving right towards Sloane Square. But when moving left towards Belgrave Square, LTE does not work properly, although full signal strength. It must be a technical issue with the tower in this area.... It depends to which tower I am logged in. What is really frustrating.... every time I contact Virging Mobile I start from the beginning. They have their workflow and they promise to look after the issue. But nothing really happens. Today I was told that there is a maintenance ongoing in this area. It should take 3 - 5 days... 

I should follow the progress on the internet and this link was provided:

https://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/our-mobile-network/coverage-checker.html

But when putting in the Postal Code, it says: Excellent coverage.... ha,ha,ha....

So what to do next?

0 Kudos
lotharmat
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Same in Nottingham - NG1

1.2Mb DL compared with 35Mb UL

0 Kudos
Pyro_san
Tuning in
Message 26 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Seems like it's finally working at Oxford Circus, just measured 12.5 Mbps down and 8.02 Mbps up inside a building, so it's probably better on the street where the signal is stronger.

Hope it lasts.

0 Kudos
Pyro_san
Tuning in
Message 27 of 108
Flag for a moderator

Seems like I was happy a bit too early.

It's **bleep** again... 0.01Mbps download, 3.65Mbps upload, these are the worst results among the terrible ones.

They probably figured out they fixed it, so it had to break quickly...

Anyone knows if we can cancel the contract because of this? It's been three weeks without any official information from vm!

0 Kudos
Moselritter
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 108
Flag for a moderator

So reported this issue again today. Was told that EE is updating their signal masts. For three weeks??? I think to don't get the problem. Uploading is fine, downloading is worse. 0.8 Mbps.... Nothing. Can't work.

Always telling me that they are fixing it. But if you check on EE, they say. No problem reported for this region.

Yes, maybe have to switch to three...

0 Kudos
Pyro_san
Tuning in
Message 29 of 108
Flag for a moderator

My colleague (sitting right in front of me) is on EE. Didn't have any 4g problems these past weeks, just asked him to check again, he has perfect 4g, measured above 30Mbits!

So, I call bs on virgin mobile, there's nothing wrong with the EE network, at least for EE customers.

I've just measured a really volatile 1.74Mbps @Oxford Circus, which is still terrible, but at least usable for basic browsing, maybe even google maps to some extent.

0 Kudos
perhley
Tuning in
Message 30 of 108
Flag for a moderator

I called Virgin yesterday. Got through to a really unhelpful individual. Palmed me off with different reasons for the issues, the best one was that signal strength is worse indoors so I need to outdoors - despite me telling him repeatedly that this makes no difference.

He also came up with the fact that Virgin are doing optimisation works on the nearby towers so that they move all customers to a Virgin network - I don't know, I'm siding with Pyro_san and call bs too!

Anyway, got so fed up, this issue has last several weeks and Virgin don't seem to be doing anything about it. I've lodged a complaint through resolver.co.uk and will see where I get with that.
0 Kudos