Menu
Itshim
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

intermittent fault on tivo

Can not predict when this will happen so l guess no point in getting someone out. Frozen screen when changing from TV to radio. Loss of sound . Pictures flashing on and off. And one recording completely breaking up. Goes for days and is fine then will have one after another. How long before it dies completely? Waste of time calling as in the past l am told nothing is wrong.Will be glad when out of contract.

0 Kudos
PrinterElf
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: intermittent fault on tivo

Either signal issues, or your box is at fault.

Replacement boxes are covered under your contract, so it might be worth trying the online service checker rather than ringing in. http://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

0 Kudos
Itshim
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Status is fine .last time engineer came he could find  any faults. Was true when he tried. Really looks like time to move on.

.Watch Netflix , Amazon on smart TV .Perhaps with high speed bb in my street (fast enough for my needs) That is the way to go. Dropping cable will be a wrench - with them since the days of cabletel!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Valerie_T
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Itshim,

Thanks for raising this TiVo® issue in our Community.

How are the services now? Are you still experiencing the same faults from time to time?

I appreciate you said that the last time an engineer went, nothing wrong was found. But i wouldn't be happy if I know that this keeps on going every now and then. We'll be glad to look into your box and connection to make sure things are are working perfectly. We can do this via online chat.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Valerie_T

0 Kudos
Itshim
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes still happens now and then .All leads are correctly fitted.Really thinking problem with box ,but unfortunately when it works it works .if it was mine I would have bought a new one . Sadly not my call.Having been caught out when Tivo6V6 was "given away" I lost out so disinclined to order a V6 now.had TV with out hdmi so bought one . Only offer withdrawn  hay ho

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Raziel_I
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Itshim ,

Thank you for confirming this to us. I strongly recommend you get in touch with our Web chat team. Please click the link that provided in our previous post so we can do further diagnostics.

Kind regards,

Raziel_I

0 Kudos
Itshim
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

tried link as above message coming up that there is a fault. Had this message for last three days. Yesterday box switched off and lost sound when returning needed a reboot to get it going again. Just waiting for contract to end. Your service is a joke!!!!

0 Kudos
Itshim
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just looked again still the opps message REALLY !!!! Guess it has a fault but no ones will admit to it,
Looked up offers just now thought I might try a V6 . What a great deal on line.For what have now BUT with V6 box £6.50 per month EXTRA + £25 set up So box will cost -year one £103 extra then £78 per year if no price rise - and that is as likely as a squadron of Gloucester old spots flying over my house.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Victoria_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi itshim,

Thanks for posting on our Community.

I do apologise for the intermittent fault on your TiVo®. We'll try our best to get it sorted so you can enjoy your favorite shows.  Just need to confirm few things with you. 

Have you tried rebooting your hub and to check if all cable wires are connected properly?

You can also check chat with our online team we can do this via online chat. As they can troubleshoot your TV box. They can look in your account and run some diagnosis.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks

Victoria_M

0 Kudos