Menu
Utat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Still charging for discontinued Worldbox

Following the discontinuation of Worldbox from Virgin Media from 1st February, i expected that the subscription £5.99 that i pay for one of its bouquet channel services will automatically stop. However, to be on the safe side, I called customer service last weekend and was told I would no longer be charged this extra amount.

Now, I have just being debited my usual monthly payment without any reduction. Virgin Media should have automatically stopped this extra payment for all subscribed users as they were the ones who stopped offering the service. They also need to refund whatever days are left until the end of my last payment since the channel has stopped.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media Still charging for discontinued Worldbox

What billing period was that payment for?  (you can see in "My Virgin Media")

For example, my bill dated 3rd January was for the period 13 Jan - 12 Feb and the Direct Debit payment was made on the 21 Jan.

I don't have Worldbox to comment on that specifically, but it may well be the payment you've just made was for the period that did include a whole month of Worldbox?

Keith

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Forum team say 

"The billing works in the same way billing has generally worked. As customers are billed in advance they should expect to see a pro rata credit on their next bill from the point in time the subscription stops. In this instance Jan31st/1st Feb

In the same way if you have purchased premiums and stop them a few days after this months bill was generated, the refund won't be given until the next statement is produced.

You can let them know that they should be automatically refunded for charges above the stoppage date on the next bill."

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Utat
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It was for billing period 17th Jan to 16th Feb with direct debit payment due by 4th Feb, so the bill was already in process since january. It appears that they will give me a refund in the next billing period as I have just seen a credit in my account for a partial charge of £3.39. So, they are likely to credit my next bill with this amount and also stop charging the £5.99. So I think there would be no further issues and I just need to be patient and wait for the next bill. Thanks for your contributions.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us with the update Utat and we're pleased to hear this has now been resolved. If you need any assistance in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch, we're here to help.

Rob

0 Kudos