Menu
Highlighted
fleurecosse
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to watch TV and recordings

I contacted Virgin on the supposed live/help chat 30/09/19 and every day since and I am still waiting for a reply/help...I have tried calling 150 but get a message saying sorry we are too busy to take your call back again, which I have umpteen times... Tried the service status but hey the link is broken and has been since the 30/09/19!!

I cannot watch the TV as the picture flashes rapidly, the screen goes black, no sound and the background sparkles...It also affects my recordings...I have a V6 box and yes I have reset my hub, the V6 box checked all connections as well.

The nonsense started again tonight at 2030 and as I type at 00:06 still having these issues.

Any suggestions as to how I get Virgin to sort this out?

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to watch TV and recordings

Hi I'm afraid call backs and replys are not on virgins things to do, you can wait on here for a virgin person to respond on here it may take 3 or 4 days, I would persevere with a phone call first thing in the morning 8am you should get through quicker, the system will know you have already called so you should get through to a person, go down the Tv faults route.Regards Micky
fleurecosse
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, have had a lot of issues with Virgin, their customer service is a joke...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi fleurecosse,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you very much for your post. We are sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your TV services, have there been any changes since your post at all? If not, please let us know so we can follow up and investigate this for you.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
fleurecosse
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Louis,

Things are exactly the same...Would appreciate if you could investigate.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi fleurecosse,

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm sorry you're having this continued issue with your television blacking out. I have had this trouble myself in the past with a Smart TV of my own, it's usually down to what's known as an 'HDMI handshake' issue. It's where the data is not processed properly when the two devices are connected. It can cause screens to flicker with  magenta strokes across the picture. It seems to match up with what you have previously said has occurred, I would recommend changing the HDMI socket as well as making sure all connections are correctly inputted. 

If the issue is not resolved once trying the option above it might be worth trying changing the video output settings on the V6 box to 1080p passthrough. This helps when switching between resolutions on channels. You could also contact your TV manufacturer to see all software is up to date to assist the issue further. I hope this has been helpful, please do let us know how you get on or if you manage to find an alternate fix to the problem.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos