Menu
elbmek
Up to speed
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Trying to ask a human a question???

All I want to do is ask a human a simple question but will the web site allow me - NO. When I get to live chat - it tells me to use a mobile to text a number. NO! Thats not live chat.

When I try to phone 150 to speak, the options have nothing to do with my question.

Great service useless customer service 0/10.

Just in case a knowlegable human being knows here is the question. My wife wants to keep certain recordings on Tivo so she can watch again and again. One such recording said it was going to expire in 24 hours. She asked me can I keep what I want in Tivo? I didnt know so said I would ask Virgin - that's were the problems started. Surely there is zero expiry on a Tivo that is well under 50%????

Please - Look After the Customer, or you have no Company.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to ask a human a question???

Not a simple question actually.

A lot of recordings will stay where they are. So do not have an expiry date. SOME recordings will be limited by the content owner, so may well have an expiry date, at which point it gets deleted. Think boxsets, they have a finite amount of time to be accessed- some recordings are the same.

Then add in that V6 may well offer episodes on on demand in the "My Shows" bit and it gets pretty complicated.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

this may also apply... copied from a previous answer so it may not read as well in direct response to your post but it applies to the "going to expire" part of your post.

Kippies response does also apply in the examples provided.

The response above is still valid, it really should state "may" rather than will. The box has no idea of how much you'll watch over the next few days so it's gauging future disk space requirements on what it does know - how much you're going to record.

You might notice it changing its mind once you've watched and deleted more shows but, on the whole, it's nothing to be overly concerned about unless you're really bumping up against a full disk scenario.

0 Kudos
elbmek
Up to speed
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replies. Its a concert or something she wants to watch a few times. Its a tivo box and capacity is less that 50%. The point is still valid in that I cant get hold of a human being, or has VM replaced them all with robots.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am not a robot (but I would say that, wouldn't I?) I am not a robot (but I would say that, wouldn't I?) I am not a robot (but I would say that, wouldn't I?) I am not a robot (but I would say that, wouldn't I?) I am not a robot (but I would say that, wouldn't I?) I am not a robot (but I would say that, wouldn't I?) I am not a robot (but I would say that, wouldn't I?) I am not a robot (but I would say that, wouldn't I?)  🙂

elbmek
Up to speed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I want an answer not a bloody duracell idiot

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi if you select the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK who know what they are taking about and hopefully will solve the issue.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
elbmek
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

who says I want to leave, where? I have been with VM since day 1 and am happy with the services and customer service but it is becoming increasingly awkward to get through to a person who does not speak unanswerable options.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi I gave you this advice because they deal with other matters not just, people who want to leave, it's up to you if you take my advice or not.Regards Micky
elbmek
Up to speed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

sorry I totally misread your post, my fault.

0 Kudos