Menu
SoGrrr53
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 Box

Tried clearing and deleting data today and says it take about an hour. Now into 8th hour and box is stuck with what looks more like an update message than a deleting one ....its a line with an arrow pointing down to it that fills white every now and then. Box has rebooted many times but still goes back to this message/symbol in middle of screen. Have tried powering down to try reboot, tried holding all buttons on front of box when powering up, the TV+DOWN+RECORD that seems to have worked for some, as well as ran Virgins TV test which showed no problems. Honestly at point of putting hammer to the box lol....worse it is my 82yr old mams set and she has been without tv all day.....anybody help me before i go insane lol

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo V6 Box

Pull the plug on it and reboot it that way. If it still doesn't work (which to be honest it probably won't) you'll need to call in as the box will need replacing. This is a common problem.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo V6 Box

Hi SoGrrr53, 

Welcome to our forums! 

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your V6 box. Hopefully you've managed to get this resolved since your post, if you're still having problems please pop back on here and we will be more than happy to look into it for you. 

Many thanks,

Hetty_R
0 Kudos