Menu
Drosos
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo crashes when watching Netflix

TiVo seems to lose connection and therefore while watching Netflix, the show stops as the buffer sign keeps loading. Same time, I am able to access the internet via Wifi, and the les of TiVo with the heart sign is blinking which means that it loses connection to the internet. This has been going on for a while and I also read other people experience the same. Kindly advise on a solution. Do I have to log a fault with Support?

0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo crashes when watching Netflix

The Tivo has its own modem for this and in my experience was never very good at this. I would investigate the possibility of a free upgrade to a V6 box if this is your only TV box.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Drosos

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm really sorry to learn about this issue with your TiVo box.

I've been able to take a closer look and run some tests on the box from our end but we're not detecting any errors at the moment. Are you using any other applications? If so how are they working? 

Are you watching On Demand / Catch Up content too? We'd love to know if those are working fine. Lastly, are you experiencing this issue at certain times of the day? 

Sorry for all the questions, we want to get to the bottom of this ASAP.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Drosos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

thank u for your reply. 

I don’t watch much on demand or at least not lately. 

I usually wat h between 10pm-1am Netflix and sometimes it happens every 20m, The led flashes,the buffer pops up in the screen, the show stops streaming, I stop the content, wait till the led (the heartbeat one) stops flashing and then resume the show. Then it will happen again...and so on.

I tested, and the same time I can watch Netflix via Wifi, just fine the same time!

I don’t use other apps.

to me it’s obvious where the root cause is. Should I raise this with Support? I need a solution.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Drosos

Thanks for getting back to me, taking a good look at this from our end I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos