Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 21 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series Link's+ Randomly Reorganising

Hi HairyFacedHuman,

Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know about the tuner issue I could see from the test results to your TiVo.

If you notice that the tuner switching is getting worse, or you notice problems with your recordings, just let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 22 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I just wanted to pop a post up today to let you know that I've checked on the Series Link+ issues reported and we haven't received an update yet, but I can see that our team is still working on this.

I'll get back in touch if I receive any news on this.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 23 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update.

I've not had any problems since completely avoiding the 'Network Connection' ... If that helps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I still have my wheels rolling
but the engine is old and petrol is low
Don't put your weight on me.
This burden of life you wouldn't know

They Used Dark Forces / Teutonic Witch
~by~
Reverend Bizarre
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 24 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi HairyFacedHuman,

Thank you for letting me know about the 'Network Connection'. I've also received feedback that this still happened over the weekend without any user action, as the customer was away, but the Series Link list still reorganised.

I've sent all this information over to the team working on this. 

Thanks again,

Terri

G4DDS
Rising star
Message 25 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update.

As it is now recognised as a problem that can affect all users is it not worth posting a sticky to say it is under investigation (like the slow TiVo sticky)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 350Mb BB, Full House TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime with Caller Display
Equipment: 2 x V6 (connected to Panasonic TX-P42S30B & LG 43UJ701V),
1Tb TiVo (connected to Panasonic TX-L32G20B), Super Hub 3
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 26 of 56
Flag for a moderator

So Terri_P organised an engineer to come and see me yesterday and was a waste of time for both of us really.
He checked the levels etc and nothing wrong at all.
Checked connectors all ok there.
He basically wanted to swap out my 92% full 1TB box just to cover himself as he could not find any issues.
I said no way as the fact you only do a 7 day catchup and the iPlayer can not be relied on as always buffers and crashes I will stick with what I have thanks.

So the fact I had had a case of the Series Links reorganising of their own accord and is software related should not have generated an engineer visit really.

He was a nice chap but did make me laugh when he said yes well Netflix and iPlayer will be slow and tempremental as you are only using a 10Mb connection in the TiVo where as my fire stick using free apps works perfectly because I am using my 200Mb broadband.
Well if that is the case why did Virgin deploy these apps???
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 27 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi BinghamBloke,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry to hear that you feel that the engineer visit was a waste of time. I did not send an engineer out to you to fix the issue with the Series Link+ list randomly reorganising -- I have already escalated this issue to our TiVo team to investigate. 

The engineer that was sent out to you was because testing to your TiVo showed a fault with your internal tuners and signal issues to the box. 

I can see that there has been an improvement on your line since the appointment as all of the errors seen when previously testing your equipment are now cleared.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Kind regards,

Terri

VIrgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 28 of 56
Flag for a moderator

@Terri_P wrote:

I've also received feedback that this still happened over the weekend without any user action, as the customer was away, but the Series Link list still reorganised.

I had never noticed this phenomena as I only normally check my series links after I have made changes but having not made any changes for over a week I can confirm that this afternoon I checked my series links (to make a change) and noticed that a series link that should be near the bottom of the list (as it is repeated several times on the sports channels) had promoted itself so it was near the top (position 5) amongst my high priority once only showings (i.e. live events). I moved it near the bottom of the list roughly where it originally was and left it for an hour or so. When I checked again the series link directly above where I had moved the other one to had demoted itself to the bottom of the list so that it was now my lowest priority series link! I have moved this back to where it originally was and left it again.

So to summarise:

1. SL had moved on its own from somewhere in 240-250's to position 5. I moved it from position 5 to 253.

2. Left it for an hour or so.

3. Found that since performing the actions in step 1 the SL that was previously at position 252 had moved itself to the bottom (position 256) so I moved it back to position 252.

This is just craziness and makes a mockery of the whole point of ordering them in priority so it knows what to do in the event of clashes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 350Mb BB, Full House TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime with Caller Display
Equipment: 2 x V6 (connected to Panasonic TX-P42S30B & LG 43UJ701V),
1Tb TiVo (connected to Panasonic TX-L32G20B), Super Hub 3
0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 29 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Any news on this issue?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I still have my wheels rolling
but the engine is old and petrol is low
Don't put your weight on me.
This burden of life you wouldn't know

They Used Dark Forces / Teutonic Witch
~by~
Reverend Bizarre
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 30 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi HairyFacedHuman,

Apologies that there hasn't been any further information on this issue. I've checked back with the team for an update. 

I have been advised that a fix for this is in the works and will be released with a future TiVo update. No specific dates or times have been provided as our technicians are currently still working on this.

If I receive any further updates, I'll post back here on this thread.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos