Menu
kirmal12
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Power surge

Hello, we had a really bad storm yesterday and had lightning hit very near our house. I’m guessing we had a power surge as the TiVo box went off and it was really hot. My sons Xbox is also dead. Eventually the picture returned and the box started functioning ok. It now takes forever to get up and running after it’s been turned off and the picture isn’t great when it is on. Any ideas please?.

0 Kudos
kirmal12
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power surge

And I’ve just realised it’s the V6 box not the TiVo box 🙈

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi the box should not be turned off, but left on standby as it's taking data all the time, as for the heat they do run fairly warm so make sure it is well ventilated (not in a cabinet) and has no other devices causing heat below it.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi kirmal12, thanks for your post.

Sorry for the trouble you've had with yourTiVo® since the recent bad weather.

Have you been able to check for related known issues on our service status page? If you sign in from there you can also run tests on your equipment which may offer a solution.

If there's nothing communicated that could be causing the problem don't hesitate to let us know so we can take a further look.

Alternatively you can text our cable-care team on 07533051809 (Mon - Sat 8am - 8pm) or give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111.

Please keep in touch.

Tom_F

0 Kudos