Menu
ATOM2000
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Pixilation, loss of signal and out of sync

Had my tivo box replaced by an engineer about 2 months ago due to constant freezing and rebooting.

The new Tivo box for the best part of six weeks has been freezing, going out of sync and severe pixilation across all channels. Also why suddenly do I have to put the 4 digit pass key on certain programmes which never used to happen. Really not happy especially at £84 per month which is a complete rip off considering half of the channels are +1.

when I do the online test I always get no problem found. Seriously considering ditching Virgin as the level of service I believe has deteriorated. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixilation, loss of signal and out of sync

Hello ATOM2000,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your TiVo® box.

I would like to send someone out to check the signal for you so I'm just going to pop you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ATOM2000
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

still getting random pixilation and loss of picture across random channels HD and non HD.

More galling when you see an advert today for new customers charging £30 less per month and a V6

Box for exactly the same set up I have.

Now that's a way to keep customers - NOT!!

I always used to rave about Virgin Media to friends but they really have gone downhill especially on the TV side of the business

in the 8 or 9 months.

PS Why do you need a phone line to have a TIVO box. As far as I can see the Tivo box doesn't run through the phone line

jenando999
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am having exactly the same issue. Had my initial installation on Saturday, the two engineers left after 4 hours saying it may take some time for all channels to come through but everything else was working fine. It wasn't. Quite a few HD channels are pixelated, and strangely it's different channels on both V6 boxes. The boxes will not sync. I can see the other box in the list on my shows, I can even click on recordings, but I cannot watch them - I just get a black screen then it tells me there is a problem. Engineers came back on Tuesday and left at 7pm admitting they were stumped and said they would get a "principal technician" out. I haven't heard back.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ATOM2000,

I can't seem to find a reply regarding a technician booking.

Ideally I would like to arrange for someone to visit your property to take a look at the signal strength.

I'll just send you another private message which can be found in your inbox which is the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello jenando999,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn this has happened.

Please let me know if this hasn't been resolved as I may need to arrange for another technician to come back out to you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jenando999
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose_B

Thanks for replying. I have an engineer coming back tomorrow to try to fix the phone line as this is still not working either. Not sure if he will also be able to deal with the TV problems. I am now also getting error 319 when trying to watch on demand, although I was able to watch on the first couple of days. 11 days since installation and am fearing that changing from Sky has been a massive mistake!

Jen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Jen,

Glad you have an engineer booked already Smiley Happy

The engineer can look at the television but I'll see whether I can fix this from our end first.

What programs are you trying to watch at the moment that are displaying error code 319?

If you haven't already please reboot the box by the mains to see whether this clears any errors,

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jenando999
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose
It happens intermittently on different channels and on demand programmes. Had our 3rd engineer visit today and he has concluded that it is a network i.e the connection directly to the exchange that's causing the phone problem. He said it could be the same issue for the to, he checked some settings and said it was all channels on a specific frequency that were dropping out causing the pixelation. Network engineers should be out on Tuesday so hopefully that fixes it.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for keeping me updated.

I hope this has been resolved for you now but please let me know if there's still any problems.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos