Menu
MaisieS
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No sound periodically on ITV recordings

When I view a recording from ITV or occasionally when I view through the ITV hub, there is no sound. I can view the same recording on another day and there is sound again. I have rebooted and I have had the TiVo box changed but it still happens. Any answers?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Collette_O
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound periodically on ITV recordings

Hi MaisieS,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing frequent sound disruptions.  I have carried out some checks and there is an issue with the signal so I will arrange an engineer appointment with you via private message.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MaisieS
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have now had an engineer call who says that it is not a fault with my equipment (I have now had a total of three set top boxes). Apparently it is a fault at Virgin Media and ITV. This fault persists after months of problems. I am requesting a refunf of at least part of our monthly bills and a reduction in ongoing charges. I await hearing from you with your proposals.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI MaisieS

Thanks for getting back to us about this, I'm sorry for the continued problems you've been experiencing. 

Are you experiencing this issue with ITV while watching it live? As there are no reports of issues being investigated between us and ITV and if this is just happening with recorded content, it's likely an issue with your hard drive. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MaisieS
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have now had 2 replacement boxes and the problem ocurred in all 3 boxes. The last engineer said it as not a fault with the box.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi MaisieS

Thanks for getting back to me, is this just an issue with ITV or any other channels? Are you seeing this on live TV as well as the recorded content or just recorded content? 

I want to help to get this sorted

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MaisieS
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Live TV is OK. 

On demand for ITV is OK today but had had no sound on some occasions. 

Recorded programmes from ITV usually have no sound but occasionally the same recording will have sound which then disappears when we watch on another day.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi MaisieS

Thanks again for getting back to me, this is a strange issue and as it's just with your recorded content I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I'll send you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Nippydan
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This happens to me too, did you ever get to the bottom of it? 

@Craig_D wrote:

Hi MaisieS

Thanks again for getting back to me, this is a strange issue and as it's just with your recorded content I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I'll send you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
MaisieS
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This has never been sorted and I have given up on it.

0 Kudos