Menu
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No signal on all channels

Only found this out when 2 recordings failed with No Signal as the reason. I checked and all channels were empty. Rebooted and they reappeared. What's going on?

If I'd been away, would the box have been knackered?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal on all channels

Hi Shugg, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you were having an issue with No Signal Smiley Sad 

it sounds as though there may have been a slight blip which caused things to not work correctly. 

Since you rebooted the TiVo® have you had this issue again? 

Come back and let us know as we'll be able to look at this in greater detail. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal on all channels

That hasn't happened again, but the box has crashed twice while watching CatchUp. Annoying if you're recording something, which I was.

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal on all channels & Box crashing

Getting worse. Took box out of standby this morning, went to CatchUp, ITV Player, selected a programme, selected Watch, box crashed and re-booted itself.

Obliged if you could do a remote check. I looked through the diagnostics and there's nothing that says anything like "signal/power lost" or such-like.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shugg, 

Thanks for coming back to me and updating me on how things have been. I'm sorry to hear the box is now crashing Smiley Sad

Checking the account stats, it looks as though your input levels need adjusting and there are a very high number of resets/timeouts for the amount of time your TiVo® has been online for. 

We will need an engineer to come out. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Here we go again. 2 recordings failed due to No Signal. Checked programme guide and there was no signal on ANY channel. What a surprise. Oh, I'll reboot the box and lo and behold all works again. This is getting annoying.

The last time I raised this you said, "Checking the account stats, it looks as though your input levels need adjusting and there are a very high number of resets/timeouts for the amount of time your TiVo® has been online for.", so an engineer was booked. He came up and said there was nothing he could do and, in any case, he couldn't adjust input levels or anything. Grumbled and went away, nothing touched. This is the second time  this has happened, so do the HQ staff know what they are doing, the engineers certainly don't think so.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread Shugg,

Sorry to hear that this is still causing trouble for you. :/

I've had a look into this and there does appear to be issues still present via the equipment levels.

I'd like to appoint a principle engineer to investigate this further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more about this.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos