Menu
Jouls
Tuning in
Message 11 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix on TiVo crashing

Yes I have this problem watching a tv show and it crashes at least twice during one show watch it on I pad or the x box and it is fine ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jouls

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with Netflix at the moment, are you noticing this issue occurring at all times of the day or just some? What happens on the screen when the app crashes? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
yelwarc
Joining in
Message 13 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Any solution to this problem because I am experiencing the same thing. I saw one post saying that a replacement TiVo box cured the issue.
0 Kudos
Vicki123
Tuning in
Message 14 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I have also been having the same issue for weeks now. Stops and freezes at 25%
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi yelwarc,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Netflix.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I've picked up an issue with your input signal levels that may be causing the issue. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted out for you.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
williamiain
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Just the same for me a week after we had a TiVo 6 installed - it’s so infuriating as they must know the truth but continue to say the same thing to people for years. So fed up - paid a subscription for years and have had the same issue despite numerous visits, tests and new equipment etc. Total waste of money Time to get an amazon fire stick I think.
0 Kudos
CharlesA22
Joining in
Message 17 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I too am experiencing this error. Everything appears fine until the 25% buffering icon appears. It only occurs whilst watching Netflix. The error identifies a connection issue and appears to affect all Apps. However all basic channels operate fine and after a couple of minutes it is possible to reload Netflix. Speed tests reveal 80+Mb available of 100Mb service and PC and Amazon fire stick stream Netflix without this problem. Clearly the issue is with the TiVo hardware.
williamiain
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 41
Flag for a moderator

This has carried on despite replacement of the TiVo box and we are still enduring infuriating evenings. It doesn’t happen on my phone so I think it must be an issue with virgin equipment
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi CharlesA22,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with Netflix.

We've identified an issue with the Netflix app and our technicians are currently investigating. We'll get an update out as soon as we can.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
williamiain
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I would like a refund of our subscription to reflect the numerous spoiled nights where we settled down to watch a film but then found the app crashed half way through and we lost it. 

However I havent the energy to call up and be put on hold endlessly, as often happens, so I will just cancel the subscription instead thanks

Iain

0 Kudos