Menu
SueGK22
Tuning in
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix constantly dropping out

After several days of quibbling with Virgin, they sent me out a new V6 box. Problem solved. And they didn't charge me for it.

Coxyapple
Joining in
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I'll try and muster up the energy to call and have the fight. I've tried all the suggestions so need something.
0 Kudos
SueGK22
Tuning in
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Good luck!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Coxyapple,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with Netflix.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see an issue with your signal levels that will need to be adjusted. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to check it out for you.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sheelavg
Tuning in
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

6 weeks later and the same problem is cropping up on my new V6 box. Clearly Virgin can figure out how to deal with streaming Netflix!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi sheelavg,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

I'd like to arrange for a technician to take a look at this for you so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
turnerstoon9
Joining in
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Having the exact same problem. Netflix lasting about 2 minutes before buffering to 25% and dropping out. It's been an ongoing problem for weeks now but haven't had the time to get it sorted.

Tried resetting box twice, on and off at mains, unplugging, logging out of Netflix and back in, etc. to no avail. Netflix working fine on other devices.

2 different error messages come up regarding my device possibly not being connected to the internet (triple checked this and definitely not the case) and the other saying this title isn't working currently try again later.

Not impressed at all as this is about all I use the box for. Would appreciate someone looking into this ASAP and contacting me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi turnerstoon9

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with the Netflix application recently.

As with all similar issues, I've taken a look at your account to run some tests on the set top box and we're not detecting any errors. Are you experiencing this issue at certain times of the day or with any other Apps, On Demand or Catch Up content? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
turnerstoon9
Joining in
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reply.

Dropping out every time I use it regardless of specific time of the day. Internet is definitely not the issue as other devices are working fine with it. As far as i am aware catch up and others services are working smoothly.

Again would really appreciate a resolution to this ASAP.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan

Thanks for getting back to me about this, I've logged this from our end so the team can investigate. Unfortunately, that means there is no immediate resolution I can offer, as much as I'd like to.

Apologies again for any inconvenience this has caused

Craig

0 Kudos