Menu
Cfcdave73
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix connection problem

Virginmedia team, I have a problem with netflix on my tivo box in that netflix stops working, buffers at 25% then says tivo box has no internet connection. Have it on another tv in the house with a V6 box and no problem. This problem appears after about 20 mins and is rather frustrating and not what I would expect of an additional paid for channel. The V6 box is connected to the same network and I have carried network checks on Netflix which connect to their 4 servers fine and says there is an internet connection. Your help to rectify this issue would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix connection problem

Hi this is a common fault with the older TiVo box, & I'm sure will not be rectified as the box is simply not up to it, as you say the V6 is fine and as virgin are encouraging customers to upgrade to a V6 which is much more capable.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cfcdave73,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Are you able to run a connection test on the TiVo box please? 

You can do this by going in to your Home screen, selecting Help & Settings, Settings and then Network.

Once you have done this, please go to your Netflix app and see if you are stilling experiencing the issue. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cfcdave73
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the contact.

My old TiVo box has been replaced with a new V6 box and the problem has gone. This was obviously the problem and nothing to with settings, re-starting, connection tests etc. I strongly suspect Virgin Media as a company are aware of this problem with older TiVo boxes but are not wanting to advertise it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am glad to hear that has fixed the issue 🙂

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos