Menu
zaynab79
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Geo and other asian channel

Hi

i am a new customer to Mix package , but i dont see channels such as Geo news, geo entertainment or ARY news or HUm Masala tv which are all avaiable on sky. unfortunately i live in block of flats where sky has no dish so i was left with only option of gettng virgin media. i have searched channel lists and packages but still cannot find out why above channels. could virgin team please help let me know how i can get these pakistani channels ?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Geo and other asian channel

Hi I have the XL package and couldn't see any of those channels even greyed out, so it may well be that virgin don't access to them, as you ask hopefully someone from virgin will reply they can take 3 or 4 days for them to respond. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi zaynab79,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry but we don't carry any of the channels you have listed. We're always looking to improve our service by expanding our channel so we may get some of these channels in the future.

In the mean time, check out this Channel Guide for a list of all available International Channels and their respective packages.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

zaynab79 wrote:

Hi

i am a new customer to Mix package , but i dont see channels such as Geo news, geo entertainment or ARY news or HUm Masala tv which are all avaiable on sky. unfortunately i live in block of flats where sky has no dish so i was left with only option of gettng virgin media. i have searched channel lists and packages but still cannot find out why above channels. could virgin team please help let me know how i can get these pakistani channels ?

Most likely these channels can only afford to join one TV platform, so have chosen the one with the biggest coverage of the UK (Satellite can be received by 98% of UK homes, whereas Virgin passes less than 50%).

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
zaynab79
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Josh for your response . However , these channels should definitely be added as they are available in U.K. and sky is offering them at even lower price than yours . So as a customer if I’m paying higher price We i.e the Asian community expect more channels to cater to our needs. This should be on virgin priority as it’s a customer demand . I’m sure if a survey is conducted the outcome will be to add more channels which are already being shown by sky.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

zaynab79 wrote:
Thanks Josh for your response . However , these channels should definitely be added as they are available in U.K. and sky is offering them at even lower price than yours . So as a customer if I’m paying higher price We i.e the Asian community expect more channels to cater to our needs. This should be on virgin priority as it’s a customer demand . I’m sure if a survey is conducted the outcome will be to add more channels which are already being shown by sky.

Unfortunately this is not how the commercial TV market works. Channels have to pay for their slots on TV platforms. The channels quoted are Free-to-Air on Satellite & are nothing to do with Sky. The broadcaster has leased a transponder direct from the satellite operator & is using it to broadcast to the whole of Europe. The satellites are not owned by Sky so they do not control the free channels available on their boxes. Virgin is a closed platform & every channel they provide is a cost to them. Any channel can to join Virgin if they are prepared to pay for their slot. Virgins "Player" pack is effectively free with just a rental for the box. Channels on the higher subscription packs are usually there because their agreement includes a cut of Virgins income from the pack they are on.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile