Menu
Highlighted
Edinburgh_jon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Freezing Netflix, BBC iPlayer and movies

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issues as mentioned in a separate post that I replied to, but as it has not been looked at I thought it best to duplicate it here.  Anyway, I have an issue with freezing Netflix, BBC Iplayer and Sky Movies from on demand.  If I watch these on my laptop, then they all stream pretty well.  It's only when I try to watch a show on my virgin media Tivo boxes that the issue occurs - it's very frustrating, as sometimes (rarely) I can get through an episode of a show without hiccup, and other times I can only get through 5 mins.  As a longstanding customer who is paying £130 per month this is not good enough.  I've tried to phone, but none of the options on the phone menu suit this issue.

Is there anything that you can help with?  Thanks in advance

Cheers, Jon

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freezing Netflix, BBC iPlayer and movies

Hi Edinburgh_Jon, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your box freezing on some channels and On Demand, this ins't good. 

Can you confirm what box you're using? Is it V6 or TiVo? 

Do you have more than one box, if so does it happen on all of them? 

Can you ensure that all connections are tight and secure at the back? 

Have you recently rebooted the boxes and hub? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Edinburgh_jon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

I have two Tivo boxes. I really only use one for watching any of the on demand services, and this box is not linked via Ethernet cable. I would imagine that the other box with the Ethernet cable is fine, although I would have to spend some time testing it to confirm  

The boxes and hub have been restarted recently ( I do this fairly regularly).

Regards, Jon

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Jon, 

Thanks for using our forums to get an answer around this ongoing issues you're having with your TV. I can certainly see how it is frustrating you so much, I am really sorry for that Jon. 

I'd like to chat with you privately so that we can chat about account specifics and get this resolved for you. Just look out for the purple envelope.

Kindest regards,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Edinburgh_jon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, I responded last week to the security questions but have heard nothing since. Can you please get in touch. Thanks

0 Kudos
Tattsbridge
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have a very similar problem (but I’m only paying a fraction of that amount!!). My problem is:

When we’re watching a Netflix film it almost always stalls after 10-20 minutes and then reloads to 25% and freezes. It then needs Netflix to be rebooted which may sometimes work, but it takes 10+ minutes and then it does it again and again.

As you can imagine It is a massive pain and we end up abandoning it or having to watch the film on my laptop. So generally we avoid watching Netflix films through the Virgin Tivo box.

Is there a fix for this?

0 Kudos
Tattsbridge
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Megan (or anyone else on the team) Can I get a call too please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tattsbridge,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the service issues you've had. I'd like to look into and hopefully sort this out for you so I'll go ahead and send you a quick PM. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Edinburgh_jon
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Please note that although I provided the info requested in the chat, I’m still waiting ‘barely  patiently now’ for someone to get back to me

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Edinburgh_jon.

If you could re-send it through to Megan, the original was not received it seems.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos