Menu
worldstream
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Excellent service from Virgin.

Had a problem with the broadband connection, buffering etc. on Wednesday. Contacted Virgin the same day. I thought I was through to the engineers in Wales where it used to be in the old NTL days. The guy sounded Welsh but he was in India. No problem there, he just sounded Welsh and that tickled him. Explained problem and he ran various tests and things were flashing across the TV. He said it appeared to be the router and he arranged a visit from an engineer on THURSDAY!!, the next day. Guy arrived early, knew what he was doing, installed new router and broadband now flying low. Oh, and he also set up the controller so I can now control the volume. Took him 10 secs. I spent hours to no avail. Well done Virgin.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Excellent service from Virgin.

Hey worldstream, 

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, i'll definitely pass this on for you! I'm really glad that everything has now been resolved for you. 

If you do need any further help with anything, just let us know. 

Take care 

Rebecca 

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

yy148660C
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

that must be a first.....'Well done Virgin Media'
Never thought I would see that on any of these pages.
Must remember to bookmark this page, just to cheer myself up when my Tivo box goes **bleep**'s up again.
0 Kudos
paul50
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This must be a very first from Virgin, I paid for an engineer to come and fit a V6 box £40 set up fee. He just put the V6 box in put the Router in, to lazy to change the router power supply so I still have the old one.

He put this in at 10 am then told me TV would not be ready until 6pm. What I did not know he connected the V6 box to a none working TP link. He did bot bother to check or off er me the Virgin power link. The clown even took the setup book away so all the set he was paid to do I had to do by trial and error. Finally finding out I that to link to Router by wireless.

Phoned help all I got was recorded message before been cut off. Mentioned it on this Forum, but guess what Moderators could not be bothered to help.
Even wrote to complaints dept, guess what no reply.

I am at my wits end with Virgin, does any one have a land line number for a help desk in the UK where people do note read from crib sheets..

0 Kudos
NickNewark
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Never had an issue with any of the Engineers that VM have sent. On the rare occasions i have have had an engineer visit they have always been great, and really helpful. Maybe we are lucky in Newark On Trent. 

0 Kudos