Menu
faizaldaud91
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Error code 7400

Hello,

I had Tv installed today by an engineer (tivo full house) i am not able to select any channels that are part of my subscription except the basic 1-5 channels, it shows a error message on the screen (7400) and asks me to call customer services.

Please help!

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 7400

Unfortunately you will have to phone in because for some reason the box has not been activated. Virgin Nedia will then send another signal to activate the box. If that doesn't work then they will have to send an engineer.

0 Kudos
faizaldaud91
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thank you! i have done so earlier today and been told to wait 24 hours

@KeithLeonard wrote:

Unfortunately you will have to phone in because for some reason the box has not been activated. Virgin Nedia will then send another signal to activate the box. If that doesn't work then they will have to send an engineer.

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Phone in again if it's not working propeerly and they should either send a signsl or or sn engineer probably the latter.

0 Kudos
faizaldaud91
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@KeithLeonard wrote:

Phone in again if it's not working propeerly and they should either send a signsl or or sn engineer probably the latter.

after calling again, they sent a signal to my box and all channels were added, however now i have error code M63, i can not pause, record, access apps and games, on demand, catchup, any of the features on the home section i can not access except tv guide.

i have called them and they are refusing to send out an engineer insisting it is a network issue and they have escalated my issue to the network team and i would have to wait 5 days for them to contact me.

I am so annoyed!

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What a rubbish welcome to Virgin TV you've had. Just a few things to pass comment on..

1: When the on-screen message says "call us with this error message", the clue to solving the problem is generally in the message 😉 This is mainly a user-based forum with VM staff wading in later if needs be.

2: Telephone faults asking you to wait 5 days to hear from them - rubbish. Keep calling in, and make a nuisance of yourself. I know the IVR is annoying, and offshore CS is worse, but if needs be use the options for "thinking of leaving us" and this tends to bypass the automated checks. You really shouldn't have to I know....

3: There is a distinct possibility you've been unlucky with a faulty box, and I'm actually quite surprised the install engineer left without the box working.

I'd like to say the faults service isn't usually this bad, but sadly I can't. Once faults get beyond the initial CS person the service is usually fine, but that first hurdle can (far too frequently) be a real problem.

0 Kudos
faizaldaud91
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

What a rubbish welcome to Virgin TV you've had. Just a few things to pass comment on..

1: When the on-screen message says "call us with this error message", the clue to solving the problem is generally in the message 😉 This is mainly a user-based forum with VM staff wading in later if needs be.

2: Telephone faults asking you to wait 5 days to hear from them - rubbish. Keep calling in, and make a nuisance of yourself. I know the IVR is annoying, and offshore CS is worse, but if needs be use the options for "thinking of leaving us" and this tends to bypass the automated checks. You really shouldn't have to I know....

3: There is a distinct possibility you've been unlucky with a faulty box, and I'm actually quite surprised the install engineer left without the box working.

I'd like to say the faults service isn't usually this bad, but sadly I can't. Once faults get beyond the initial CS person the service is usually fine, but that first hurdle can (far too frequently) be a real problem.

thank you for your input and advice! i will keep calling trying to get this resolved ASAP!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Valerie_T
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Faizaldaud91,

Thank you coming to our Community for your TV box query.

Has there been any change with your TV services since your post? I appreciate that there may be a long queue when you give us a ring about the M63 error. We can take a look into this further. However, we need to know if you have tried rebooting your hub again?

I will be waiting for your response and then we can go from there.

Regards,

Valerie_T

0 Kudos
faizaldaud91
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Valerie_T wrote:

Hi Faizaldaud91,

Thank you coming to our Community for your TV box query.

Has there been any change with your TV services since your post? I appreciate that there may be a long queue when you give us a ring about the M63 error. We can take a look into this further. However, we need to know if you have tried rebooting your hub again?

I will be waiting for your response and then we can go from there.

Regards,

Valerie_T

Hello,

Thank you, its all sorted now finally!

0 Kudos