Menu
datarebal
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Disgraceful installation methods.

I switched from EE to virgin media 200 mix and phone inc international calls.

After sign up I heard nothing from Virgin at all until one afternoon A guy called to say they were going to dig up across my drive to the house. He left a number for me to contact him direct.

During my phone conversation he told me he would come back the next day and do the outside work and also leave me some cable so I could get it routed through my home in a tidy manner.

I arranged all cars to be off the drive ready.  He never turned up , Nor the day after or even the next week.

Mean time i had arranged for floor boards to be lifted and a pull cord laid so the new cabling could go under the floor out of sight..

The following following Thursday I was called abroad for family hospital visits so arranged an elderly friend to house sit. (over 18)

Friday (day of connection) arrived, The guy arrived to connect inside the house to see the outside was not done.

He called some guy who came and shoddily laid the cable which is clear of the surface in places.

A trip hazard to which i'll hold Virgin responsible if it happens.

So, When the installer was shown my note and diagram he said it had to go his route or not be connected.

So he drills a hole through my wall above the skirting board and stapled the cables along my lounge skirting in full view. The cable has writing on it which shows.

He never hovered up his mess from drilling, The staples are poorly spaced

Its a total mess.

I have sent a complaint to which I have had no answer

I want the cables laid in a professional manner and the internal cables laid my way not the simplest route , so he could rush on to the next bodge.

Reading the forums it does seem this is a common complaint. knowing what I know now I would not have signed up and will not recommend

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgraceful installation methods.

Hi datarebal, 

Thank you for your post. 

I apologise for the experience that you've had here, I'm sure you have heard that before. But what I want to do in this case is send you a private message so that I can get this passed on and looked into for yourself. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
datarebal
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Ryan_N wrote:

Hi datarebal, 

Thank you for your post. 

I apologise for the experience that you've had here, I'm sure you have heard that before. But what I want to do in this case is send you a private message so that I can get this passed on and looked into for yourself. 

Cheers. 

Still heard nothing

0 Kudos
datarebal
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting contact .....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Evening datarebal,

Sorry to see that this post has not been answered.

I'm happy to pick this up for you.

Keep your eye out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for a PM from my good self

David_Bn

0 Kudos