can somebody tell me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is 4K anyway?

4K is a level Ultra High Definition content.

It is all explained here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_resolution

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

One of the great pleasures in life is doing for others what they could do for themselves. Ever thought of using Google?

"What does 4k mean for a TV?
4K, also known as Ultra HD, refers to a TV resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. That's four times as many pixels than in a full HD TV, a total of about 8.3 million pixels. Having so many pixels means a higher pixel density, and you should have a clearer, better defined picture."

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Answer: it’s a Monitor definition standard. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thx! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thx for your reply. I was a bit confused about 4K earlier. Actually I have the intention of purchasing a 4K TV, but the price staggers me a little bit. Don't know if that's worth it. Then I read several articles related to 4K TV, and some guide about 4K resolution. It took me quite a while to finally understand that probably the difference between 4K and 1080p really is night and day. If 4K is the mainstream now, I don't wanna be left out. LOL. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

4K TV is no real improvement over HD unless your viewing screen is larger than 50 inches, then there is a noticeable difference to the quality of the picture.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

you can see much improvements on screens smaller than 50". anything from 40" above and you can clearly notice it.

if you can't then you are sitting too far away from the TV.
of course, you have to be watching real 4K content, which is few and far between.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes well it depends on how close you sit to the TV, in the days of the CRT and small screens, the recommendations were no closer than 4 feet because of the radiation risks,

but with later technology the distance varies on how much you can take in without moving your head or eyes, back in the day, with the small screens we had

dreadful close-ups, looking up peoples noses 😄 and making people feel sea sick with the camera zooming in and out and the picture dancing about to music.

later guides which want you to buy bigger 😃 https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship

PS I sit about 8 feet away from the TV 😉 with furniture moved away from walls  and a 42-inch screen looks OK,  my room is only about 12 feet long.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

The vast majority of people sit the same distance from their TV regardless of its size.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos