Menu
Dannyjp81
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Outside box broken

Hi ,

My outside cable box has been smashed (not sure if deliberate it accidental, but I've noticed a few broken on my street),  and cables have been exposed. Is this something virgin can get replaced? Only the back plate stuck to the wall remains, the whole outside piece has been smashed to bits.

Thanks, Dan

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Outside box broken

Hi,

Virgin will replace the box yes as it helps protect the connections from the elements. It isn't exactly 'essential' so would not be done right now and would have to wait until restrictions get lifted. It shouldn't cause you any issues, if you are concerned about it, I would just tape a plastic bag over it just to help stop any water getting in the connections. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
Dannyjp81
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much, I figured it would probably be ok and my TV/broadband hasn't been effected. Bag idea is a good shout!!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM are not likely to send anyone out to repairing during the lockdown. The cables are waterproof so unless you are having connection problems related to it then its best to wait
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dannyjp81,

Thanks for taking the time to report this to us. 

Can I please take the postcode and a detailed description of the location of the cab? I'll get this reported to the team for you.

If you also have any pictures of the open cabinet, they would be appreciated too. But no worries if not 🙂

Kind regards,

Beth

Dannyjp81
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, that's very kind if you. Postcode is ME1 2ED and it's on the bottom of the wall between # 43 and 41

As suggested elsewhere I'll look at wrapping the cables in a taped plastic bag to help protect from damage, and I don't think this is high priority so understand if this can't be seen to until the lockdown is relaxed 

Screenshot_20200508-155454.png

0 Kudos
Dannyjp81
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, doesn't look like the photo uploaded though I reduced the size - I've uploaded to my Dropbox just in case 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyqnzjtvvyut74n/Screenshot_20200508-155454.png?dl=0 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Posted images appear initially as a triangle until they are approved by the Moderators or VIP community members.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ohhh, I assumed that you were referring to the cabinets located at on the streets - my apologies!

For this we will need to arrange for an engineer visit as the omni box is located on your property.

I'll send you over a PM now so this can be arranged.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos