Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 31 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Avoid virgin media

Thank you for the update Gizmo2155.

If there was a known area fault we would be unable to send engineers out to the property until this had been repaired which may explain as to why we couldn't send one out any sooner.

If you experienced a full loss of service we run an automatic compensation scheme through Ofcom. 

In regards to your open complaint, this would stay with the staff member assigned to this and they should contact you in regards to this soon. I'll include our complaints code of practice for you here as well.

Hope this helps, Emily.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 32 of 42
Flag for a moderator

@Sololobo wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

If VM fails to deliver the minimum guaranteed download speed for three days during a 30-day period you can cancel without penalty.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/virgin-media-speed-policy 

FTFY 😀

Good spot!

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
gizmo2155
Joining in
Message 33 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,
Thank you for the response.
The main flaw in your reply "If there was a known area fault" is that this only showed as being a fault in the area when you checked online.
I could check online and it would say there was a fault in the area then I would call the 0800 number and it would say there was no issues in the area.
even after being told that it had now been clarified that there was no issue in the area it still continued to say there was for another 3 days.
Also regarding the code of practice you gave the link for.

It states the following:"We always aim to resolve complaints in the first instance and respond within
7 days, but this isn’t as quick as calling us.
In some cases, it can take up to 28 days. This depends on the issues you’ve
raised, as we always try to give your comments the attention they deserve. "

As mentioned my complaint started on 29th September which is now 42 days and even if you take it from the day I raised the case through Resolver 09/10/2019, due to getting nowhere contacting you direct that would still be 32 days in both cases it has already past the upper figure of 28 days.

Going by your Automatic compensation scheme it states:
"Check to see if there’s an outage in your area on our handy service checker. You can report the issue to us by registering it online or alternatively, calling us. If we haven’t fixed the fault within 48 hours from the end of that day, you will be entitled to £8 credit per day until it’s sorted."

If I take it from the day I raised the case with resolver (as that is when I started recording evidence of the issue), and assuming that the issue is now sorted the that is 32 days less the 48 hours you are allowed to fix the issue by my estimate that would mean that I am owed around £240 in compensation.

Again, as I mentioned there has been no contact with me regarding my complaint at all so far and I don't really expect to get any response so I presume it will eventually just go to CISAS to sort out.

If customer services were as reactive as you seem to be on here then maybe people would get so irate.
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 34 of 42
Flag for a moderator

did you have total loss of service for the entire 32 days?
if you didn't then the £240 calculation is wrong.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 35 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi gizmo2155

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

We will send you a private message 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
gizmo2155
Joining in
Message 36 of 42
Flag for a moderator

To Chenks.

OFCOM states:

"Service has stopped working and is not FULLY fixed after two full working days."

As the issue has never been resolved I think it is safe to say it was never FULLY fixed.

In fact as we now know the issue was down to equipment failure in my home that there is now way it could have been fixed at all until the engineer came out today.

Also I think 'total loss of service' is open to some interpretation.

I would argue that when you are paying for 100Mbps and only getting speeds of less than 0.5Mbps if any download at all this would constitute a total loss of service.

This is the way it has been for the last 6 weeks.

Screenshot_20191107-074404_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20191105-002826_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20191105-021125_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20191105-021125_Speedtest.jpg

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 37 of 42
Flag for a moderator

"total loss of service" is quite a clear statement, and isn't open to any interpreation IMO.
however, i don't believe you answered the question?
gizmo2155
Joining in
Message 38 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Thankfully you dont work for Ofcom or CISAS.

Having spoken to them the fact I had a definative loss of service at the start of this issue and it has STILL NOT been fully fixed I have a valid claim once the obligatory period has passed.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 39 of 42
Flag for a moderator

still haven't answered the question though?
0 Kudos
gizmo2155
Joining in
Message 40 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chenks,

I will answer questions asked by Virgin staff but I do not feel I need to justify myself to you.

On a separate note I wonder what these people that do not work for Virgin get for trolling anyone that says anything bad about them.

If we have a gripe with Virgin it is with them and nobody else.

If I was asking for general help then that would be different.

I made a comment intended for Virgin staff and to highlight My complaint, just like any actual reviews I am expressing my experience and others can take what they want from it.

I feel someone saying 'sorry to hear you have had issues but for me this company has been great' is fine but I do not feel I should be challenged by NON Virgin staff for posting issues I have had with them.

If someone has not had any issues with them then good for them but no need to have a go at others who have had issues. Leave that to those who's job it is.

0 Kudos