Menu
Sarah73
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go app not working on iPad or Windows 10

Hi. Is anyone else having problems with the Virgin TV Go app?

I'm on holiday, with good wifi but poor Freeview reception. So was looking forward to watching to through the app. But it won't let me sign in at all on the iPad (iOS 9.3.5) or a Windows 10 laptop. We can just about get it to work when signing in through the website on the laptop, but even then that was only after having to re-register the device!

It's getting very frustrating as one of the reasons I justified renewing our contract was so we could stream/watch tv away from home. As it is I'm annoyed that the choice of channels is very limited - most seem already freely available from Iplayer, ITV hub etc

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go app not working on iPad or Windows 10

Hi Sarah73,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had trouble with TV Go.

Our technicians have recently picked up a fault with the app which has since been resolved. How has it been since posting? Are you able to sign in now?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sarah73
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go app not working on iPad or Windows 10

Thanks, it's working now.

Unfortunately I was away in the West Country and was relying on using the app to watch TV in the evenings (the Freeview reception was awful). 

It didn't help that I came home to a note that Virgin are raising their prices. I'd used the app and streaming from the v6 as part of my reasoning for keeping on an increasingly expensive service, but as the app let me down and I can only stream from the v6 on my home network it's getting harder to justify the cost.

Hey ho.

0 Kudos