Menu
Reply
  • 7
  • 0
  • 1
Zoidy287
Tuning in
302 Views
Message 21 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app.

Yes, this is still happening. It was fine yesterday afternoon and early evening, but this morning it is just the spinning 'Connecting' circle on the Android app. I have tried all the usual (reboot, reinstall etc). My Tivo is the older style - not the V6. TV and internet seem otherwise unaffected.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 6.16K
  • 191
  • 766
Community Lead
Community Lead
293 Views
Message 22 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app.

Thanks for the update all, and apologies again that this is ongoing.

We've been able to replicate the problem here so we're getting the problem looked at internally. I'll let you know once we know more.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules


  • 11.04K
  • 1.49K
  • 4.77K
Superuser
Superuser
250 Views
Message 23 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app.


@Kev_B wrote:

Thanks for the update all, and apologies again that this is ongoing.

We've been able to replicate the problem here so we're getting the problem looked at internally. I'll let you know once we know more.


The app seems to be working again for me now.

_________________________________________________________
Graham
I am a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. To say thanks click the kudos thumb. If I have solved your problem please click the helpful answer button.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 15.37K
  • 1.6K
  • 3.41K
Superuser
Superuser
239 Views
Message 24 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app.

Yes, I confirm the Android app is now connecting but still suffering from the very slow connection which has been fixed on the iOS app.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 207
  • 1
  • 11
Declanworld
Superfast
233 Views
Message 25 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app.

I wish they'd remove the remote control function - the cause of the ongoing slow connection issue.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 373
  • 20
  • 73
Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic
221 Views
Message 26 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app.


@Graham_A wrote:

@Kev_B wrote:

Thanks for the update all, and apologies again that this is ongoing.

We've been able to replicate the problem here so we're getting the problem looked at internally. I'll let you know once we know more.


The app seems to be working again for me now.


If that includes downloading recorded content from your V6 box to a tablet or phone, May I ask which make and model of device(s) you use please Graham_A?

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 11.04K
  • 1.49K
  • 4.77K
Superuser
Superuser
214 Views
Message 27 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app.


@Flying_Kiwi wrote:

@Graham_A wrote:

@Kev_B wrote:

Thanks for the update all, and apologies again that this is ongoing.

We've been able to replicate the problem here so we're getting the problem looked at internally. I'll let you know once we know more.


The app seems to be working again for me now.


If that includes downloading recorded content from your V6 box to a tablet or phone, May I ask which make and model of device(s) you use please Graham_A?


I was referring to the connection issue that arose yesterday.  I do not currently have a V6 box so cannot test the download ability.

_________________________________________________________
Graham
I am a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. To say thanks click the kudos thumb. If I have solved your problem please click the helpful answer button.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 11.04K
  • 1.49K
  • 4.77K
Superuser
Superuser
190 Views
Message 28 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app.


@Ernie_C wrote:

Interesting, same for me on my Android 8 phone.

I wonder if this is some sort of attempt to fix the slow connect problem which the Android version of the app still suffered after the iOS version was fixed? The iOS version is still working.

 


@Ernie_C  As I mentioned in another thread this evening I now have a V6 box and a TiVo connected.

Using the android control app I now get a much longer connection time wait to the V6 than I do to the TiVo.

So as you have stated for some months there is a difference in speed of the app between standard TiVo and V6.  I wasn't able to replicate this before but now can.  Other than this I am really pleased with the V6.  Streaming recorded shows from the TiVo to the new box is working a treat, all connections via ethernet powerlifters.

_________________________________________________________
Graham
I am a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. To say thanks click the kudos thumb. If I have solved your problem please click the helpful answer button.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 373
  • 20
  • 73
Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic
181 Views
Message 29 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app.

Graham_A you mentioned earlier you didn't have a V6 box so couldn't comment on downloading or streaming recorded content from V6 Box to tablet. It's great to read that 'inter-box' streaming is working fine for you to transfer files but what about streaming or downloading from a V6 to a tablet? Now you have a V6 how is that going or do you now no longer have a tablet to test with?

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 11.04K
  • 1.49K
  • 4.77K
Superuser
Superuser
174 Views
Message 30 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app.


@Flying_Kiwi wrote:

Graham_A you mentioned earlier you didn't have a V6 box so couldn't comment on downloading or streaming recorded content from V6 Box to tablet. It's great to read that 'inter-box' streaming is working fine for you to transfer files but what about streaming or downloading from a V6 to a tablet? Now you have a V6 how is that going or do you now no longer have a tablet to test with?


So far streaming has worked well to my Moto G4 play android phone.  I have also downloaded a recording but haven't yet watched it.

Sadly my Samsung tablet gave up the ghost some months ago so I only have the smart phone to test with.

Hope this is useful info for you.

_________________________________________________________
Graham
I am a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. To say thanks click the kudos thumb. If I have solved your problem please click the helpful answer button.