Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 39
Flag for a moderator

TV Control app.

Is there a current fault with the TV Control app? Nothing showing on the status page at this time.

The app sits with the spinning wheel trying to connect.  Uninstalled and reinstalled - no change.  TiVo is online and connected to the same network as the android device.  Was working fine yesterday.

Declanworld
Superfast
Message 1 of 39
Flag for a moderator

TV Control: App Permissions

The app wasn't connecting for me on my Adroid phone, so I uninstalled it with a view to re-installing.

Why is it asking for permissions in relation to making and managing phone calls and access to media?

PS: I've temporarily given permission to see if the original app connection issue had resolved - it hasn't.

0 Kudos
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 3 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app.

Ditto that - see my post next to yours.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Interesting, same for me on my Android 8 phone.

I wonder if this is some sort of attempt to fix the slow connect problem which the Android version of the app still suffered after the iOS version was fixed? The iOS version is still working.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 39
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C  Thanks for your input.  Helpful to know it's not just me.

Have recently arranged a TiVo to V6 box swap for this Friday and was wondering in this was behind the issue.  Clearly not though.  I may be seeking you advice with the V6 over the weekend if I hit problems!

BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 39
Flag for a moderator

One of the very rare times I actually go to use it and it's just stuck on connecting not even timing out etc.
I had tried a bunch of things so hopefully someone will see this as no real way of reporting an app fault
0 Kudos
keyworthowl
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 39
Flag for a moderator

TV control app.

My tv control app will not connect on either my Samsung galaxy s8 or my telly tablet. I have no problem with virgin tv go or the sky cinema and sport apps. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 39
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam   This is looking more like a system issue rather than a local fault.  Can it be referred on for checking please.

Declanworld
Superfast
Message 9 of 39
Flag for a moderator

In the meantime, any thoughts on why the app wants to make and manage phone calls?

0 Kudos
Prso9
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I'm the same, haven't been able to get into the app since started trying at six tonight. Just get the VM logo and the spinning connecting wheel

0 Kudos