Menu
SparkleyMush
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports App Playback Inactivity Error

For the past few weeks, since before Christmas, I've been getting the message "PLAYBACK_INACTIVITY_ERROR_OTT" when trying to play live TV on the Sky Sports App. Sometimes it will play for an hour or so without the message appearing but mostly it appears after a few seconds. Virgin TV Go plays fine. I've uninstalled. I've reinstalled. I've logged out, logged in. I've rebooted. This happens on both my android tablet and my android phone. Looking at forums, both this forum and others, it seems I'm not alone having this issue. I called Virgin, spoke to a nice fella, who didn't have a clue, but did offer me £20 off my next bill after giving me about 250 "erm..."s. Nice gesture, but it doesn't solve the problem of me not being able to watch Sky Sports on the go. Which is vital to me. The Virgin Customer Service team on Twitter have been no help, offering sorrys, but I'm not interested in sorrys, I want to watch Sky Sports. I'm less than a month into my Virgin contract and am so far thinking that switching from Sky to Virgin for my TV package is one of the worst decisions I've ever made, and I've made some stinkers. 

Can I....

a) Get this issue resolved

b) leave Virgin without paying a penalty fee as I'm not getting the service I am paying for.

Apologies about the rant, but in less than 4 weeks I've contacted Virgin more with issues than I did with Sky in 8 years.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports App Playback Inactivity Error

Hello SparkleyMush,

Are you still experiencing this issue? I am really sorry to hear this has happened.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
SparkleyMush
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes. This issue is still a problem. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the reply SparkleyMush, very sorry that you're still having this issue. 

It sounds like this is an issue with the Sky Sports app itself - I have reported this to the teams to see if this is a known issue and if we have any work around or resolution available - if/when we have an update we'll be sure to let you know. 

Please also feel free to keep us posted from your end with how things are. 

We'd hate to see you leave us; however if you did wish to do so and are in contract you may be asked to pay Early Disconnection Fees. The TVGo app is a free added extra. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Drol
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am also getting this error on my Acer android. It is really annoying. Have uninstalled sky sports and reinstalled but same problem! What next? Please advise.

gregywils
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Drol,

Sorry to hear of the app issues.

How's things been since posting? If you require further assistance, please let me know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Drol
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS,

Still having the same problem. Sometimes it play for several minutes before the error, sometimes it happens immediately.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Drol,

Thanks for coming back to me. Apologies you're still having this issue. 

Having done some checks here, the issue is with the app provider themselves, so when an update is rolled out, this should fix it.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Drol
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS wrote:

Hi Drol,

Thanks for coming back to me. Apologies you're still having this issue. 

Having done some checks here, the issue is with the app provider themselves, so when an update is rolled out, this should fix it.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos