Menu
Highlighted
broonpot
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Maximum Devices Reached

On holiday abroad & used TV Go no problems. Returned home & now can't access anything on laptop or mobile phone  - getting message 'maximum devices reached' but I'm using the same devices! Can't register a new device until 1st July  - strange. Is there a fault? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Maximum Devices Reached

Hi broonpot,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV Go.

How has it been since July 1st? Have you been able to re-register your devices?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
broonpot
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I think I fixed it a couple of days ago. Instead of using Google Chrome on my laptop I installed the app on my laptop and I can now view. Similarly I re-installed the app on my phone and can view. My account now shows that both devices are replaceable in 24 days.

Not sure if replaceable means if I delete one device I cannot then re-use the slot for a new device until after 24 days

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Glad to hear you've managed to get it working again. As for the device change, you can have 2 devices registered at any time and one device change per month. If you need you devices reset due to a fault, however, we can reset them for you so you can re-register your devices.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

neiljump
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have been fighting with both the sky sports player and the cinema player for months.

I have not been able to get either to work since I got my new windows 10 toshiba lap top.

I have cleared the devices list from both virgin and sky downloaded and redownloaded the two players getting  a variaty of error messages

I am going on holiday next week and would love to take my laptop for my favourite shows but at the moment there is no point.

my phone is my other registered device and it works and has done for years.

now to add insult to injury despite re-registering the devices with virgin now according to the virgin site this laptop is not registered. 

I am losing the will to live. BBC, itv channel 4 bt channel 5 all seam to be able to make theri players just work why cant sky and virgin

not happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi neiljump,

Thanks for posting on the community and I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the Sky player.

First I'd like to check what happens when you open the player.

Are you able to sign in and are there any error messages?

Are you able to access the TV Go site and view channels without any issues?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos