Menu
timo91
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to watch Sky Sports on my android phone?

So I download Virgin Go, or whatever it might be called, from the android play store. I log in to it and drill down to the Sky Sports channels (I have a subscription with Virgin for them).

However, when I try to watch live cricket it says I need the Sky Sports App.

I download that and log in to it with my Virgin details. I go to the live cricket and it says I need to log in. It provides a link to log in specifically for Virgin customers. I log in. It accepts my login details.

It says I need to log in.... I log in again, it says I need to log in.....

Any advice as to how I can watch live Sky Sports on android via a virgin login?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to watch Sky Sports on my android phone?

You are following the correct steps so it should work.  Try clearing the cache and data for the Sky Sports app and then go through the process again.  You must use the primary user account details for your Virgin Media account - secondary accounts are not allowed.

If you are still getting problems then it suggests a possible problem with your account which you will need VM staff member help with.  They take up to a week or more to get to issues in this forum.

timo91
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @graham. POssible progress as now it allows me to launch a live sports program (Scotland football I think) where as before it just did nothing except show the same log in page.

However, all I am getting now is a "loading" circle. 

I will try again tomorrow when there is a live cricket broadcast and see what happens.

0 Kudos
timo91
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is what is happening:

1. Cricket is live on Sky Sports at the moment.
  2. I am logged on to the Sky Sports app on my android as the main Virgin account holder.
  3. I browse through the channels list and select Sky Sports Cricket.
  4. It shows a Play button and the words "This content is available on our Sky Sports Mobile, Sky Go or Now TV app."
  5. Below that is a button "log in to watch". I am already logged in to the Sky Sports app but I run through it anyway, it gives a specific log in link for Virgin customers but just returns me to the same page at point 4 above.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How odd.  On my android phone the sky sports app doesn't have a channel list, just four icons access the bottom.  I click on live TV and scroll to cricket or whatever and click on play.  Recently this does often get stuck on the spinning wheel, but logging out and then back in usually cures this.

timo91
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well, it all works fine now and I cannot find a channel listing either now! As you say, I go to Live TV and find the channel there.

No idea why I was seeing something different before - makes no sense to me!

Thanks for your help though.

0 Kudos