Menu
GCDM
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Android TV Control app woefully slow to connect to V6 box

There is a separate thread here titled "iOS app now woefully slow to connect" and I would like to throw my hat into the ring on this one as it is also true for the Android App. It is especially annoying when a recording or series link is set, you press OK after doing that and it takes over 30 seconds to reload the programme guide. Anyone else got this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android TV Control app woefully slow to connect to V6 box

Hi GCDM,

Welcome to the community.

First I'd recommend rebooting your Virgin box and superhub by the mains to see if this speeds things up.

The TV Control app is loading content from the box which is why it might take a little longer than usual to load.

Please let me know how you get on

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android TV Control app woefully slow to connect to V6 box

@Rose_B@ForumTeam

I apologise for saying this but this is clearly another example of the issue of slow connection which occurs for ALL users of the Virgin TV Control app, both iOS and Android, when the app is used on the same network as the V6. It was introduced at least six months ago, concurrent with the implementation of 5.7.6.RC20 and still present in the current release 5.8.1.RC11.

Please ensure that this is actively being investigated by TiVo support.

0 Kudos