Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this possible....

Donfor40
Superfast

Essential broadband plus with Stream

54Mbps Fibre Broadband

This applies to new and existing customers.

Social type tariff, maybe I could swap from 360/500mb.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Donfor40 

Providing you are receiving one of the following: Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance†, Income-based Employment Support Allowance†, you are eligible for Essential broadband packages. 

(not contributory-based only. If both income and contributory-based, your income-based ESA or JSA must be higher)

It doesn't include a landline or volt benefits.

To apply you need to click on the "Go to live chat" option on the following page

What if I’m already in a contract with Virgin Media?

If you’re already in a contract with us, we’ll swap you over to one of our Essential broadband packages straight away and you won’t have to pay any fees or extra charges. Go to live chat for more details."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Donfor40 

Providing you are receiving one of the following: Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance†, Income-based Employment Support Allowance†, you are eligible for Essential broadband packages. 

(not contributory-based only. If both income and contributory-based, your income-based ESA or JSA must be higher)

It doesn't include a landline or volt benefits.

To apply you need to click on the "Go to live chat" option on the following page

What if I’m already in a contract with Virgin Media?

If you’re already in a contract with us, we’ll swap you over to one of our Essential broadband packages straight away and you won’t have to pay any fees or extra charges. Go to live chat for more details."

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks
This was very simple to arrange via e-chat.
I'm avoiding temptation over Volt and going 54mb with Stream.
I plan to add essential Entertainment once Activated, hopefully I'll manage wfh with 54mbs again.
Makes sense over next few months or more.

Donfor40
Superfast

Finally found Stream package after courier decided to leave in front of building entrance, at least photo helped.

Very pleased in swapping 360 hdmi/ethernet.

Stream starts and updates very fast, I added Essential Entertainment which was viewable <5 mins.

Enjoying HD quality and Dolby Sound.

That's my internet down to 54mb, I don't expect much loss other than ps5 downloads.

I have to say VM have got Stream right as simple minimal tv product -cost effective add on Packs.

+1 user-hoping PPV Boxing makes it eventually

Didn't notice a great deal of difference with 4K though I'll watch more tomorrow.

4K nicer example this morning VM Showcase channel, keep fit.

My pref is to set Stream to 4K and Panasonic oled displays as expected.

Noticed the temp drop in Dolby is identical as before, often if switching to SP News.

That's when 'follow content' is let down, not sure if it's more Philips Soundbar bug.

Donfor40
Superfast

Return Kit request, are these my 360+minibox 

Set Top BoxArris TiVo® box 1TB 
Set Top BoxHumax box 

thanks

Hi Donfor40, 

Thanks for taking the time to post in the Community. It's great to hear you're happy with your new Stream service. 🤩

In terms of the kit that is needing to be returned, This will be anything that you disconnected before taking your new package. If you have a 360 box and mini box then these would both need to be returned.

If you have any further queries or questions, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Donfor40
Superfast

Hi @newapollo

Ref Volt, I have my VM to O2 switch from 1st June and Pixel 7 with o2 monthly sim.

Is Stream irrelevant to me seeking Volt.

e.g.

To be eligible, you need to have broadband from Virgin Media and a Pay Monthly plan from O2

Which I have.

thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Donfor40 

If you did take out the Essential broadband plus with Stream package then you won't be eligible for a Volt boost.

The info below is from https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/essential-broadband 

5. If you transfer to an Essential broadband plan, you will be ineligible for any future new customer discounts if and when you decide to transfer. Our Essential broadband plans are not a qualifying product for Volt benefits. If you are currently receiving Volt benefits and you transfer to an Essential broadband plan, your 02 SIM Volt benefits will continue until you recontract. On recontracting, you will not be eligible for any Volt benefits. Any discounts that you enjoyed on your previous plan prior to taking an Essential broadband plan will not transfer over to your new Essential broadband plan and if you ever transfer off your Essential broadband plan on to another plan, any discounts that you accrue whilst on your Essential broadband plan will not transfer over to that new plan.

6. Any add-on or inclusive services that you are receiving on your current package will be transferred to your Essential broadband plan subject to any eligibility conditions associated with those services. This may result in services being removed or in new charges being incurred by you for services previously discounted or waived.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

thanks t.b.h though I maybe tempted to increase fibre from 50mb, the 30 days contracts for Steam packs+mobile plans, ensures I have control if circumstances change.

I'll never qualify for Volt stuff especially as recontracting to 18 months fibre contract isn't permitted of Volt.

Have to Add VM Stream has been amazing, very impressive.

thanks