Menu
hopel
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

speed constantly drops around the same time

so i seem to be having an odd issue, on random days around the 11-2am range my down speed will tank, i mean i can go from 1080 netflix to 240p in moment and it will stay there for some time then come back, it wont happen daily but at least once a week, im the only one up at this time so im the only one effected but it seems odd, could it be a thing wiht my area?     

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: speed constantly drops around the same time

First thing is to check that all your cable connections are secure, particularly the coax ones being screwed tight. 

Then go to thinkbroadband.com and set up a BQM test. Leave that running for a few days and it will record any signal problems.

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To determine what is happening, you first need to establish if this is happening on devices connected directly to the Hub by ethernet cable, or just devices connected wirelessly to the Hub.

This will determine if it is a local circuit problem or purely a wireless issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI hopel, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear of the issues you're running into here. Is this happening over a wired or wireless connection? Does this also effect all devices or just one? 

Keep me posted, 

Cheers 🙂 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos