Menu
sdrahcir
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Issues with routing?

For the last few days, I've been unable to connect to a server based in HK. Chrome reports "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" and Internet Explorer reports  "There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND".

I've changed DNS, reset firewall, rebooted the router and still the same. I've checked the status, no reported issues and run the VM test tool with the same result of no problems.

Windows Network diagnostics reports that the "broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues" and to restart it. I'm not sure what tests it does, but obviously something isn't quite right.

I've checked the same site via a 4G connection from the same computer and have no issues, so I'm currently putting it down to a VM issue. Suggestions please? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with routing?

Have you tried doing an nslookup against the DNS name for the server? Are you using the FQDN for it? What type of resource is it? Is it a game server, remote desktop, FAP, etc?

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos