Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else got slow internet with Virgin Media?

So fed up and I don't know if it's just Virgin Media being **bleep** or something else.

My internet gets so god damn slow, especially at evenings, it's bloody ridiculous takes like 2 minutes to load a website, can't properly play any online games because of lag and internet crashing often.

Anyone else experiencing this on Virgin Media or another ISP?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone else got slow internet with Virgin Media?

Do you get the same issues on devices connected on ethernet cables as well as on wifi?

To look at your connection quality, (if you haven’t already) can you set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts, latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” (as per instructions on the TB website) when you have the first 24h period.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sure...a week in this hell. 

still waiting a response from Support...and today I can't send any message to the support, seems like the "message us" has been replaced with homepage...how sweet.

We should make a single page with same issue I guess. Because I see plenty of us in the same situation. They can't ignore it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi cmil83,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the Internet.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see there is currently an area SNR issue that you're affecting by. 

The fault reference for this is F008579647  estimated fix date 30th November.

Once this has been resolved any intermittent/ slow connection would be resolved.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos