I'm hoping someone can help me out here. Have spent ages on hold to customer services but they never seem to answer.
I recently had 500mb installed - about a month ago I guess.
On saturday we had issues at home with speed. When I did a wired test direct in to the router it was showing less than 1mb down and about 30mb up. I did the normal reboots of the router a number of times saturday and sunday..
I called customer services and arranged an engineer. First appointment was tuesday. I rebooted the router again on monday morning as i was Working from home and everything seemed back to normal. So I cancelled the engineer. Typically It has now recurred and no amount of reboots of router will get us anything about 1mb download.
I read elsewhere about an update done to the routers recently hs caused issues, could this be what's causing my issues?
Have you tried a new Cat6 ethernet cable? Also put the Hub into modem mode for running the speed test. If its still low, boot the pc/laptop into safe+networking" mode (to disable any software on it that could be limiting speeds). Run the tests at speedtest.net (try on x2 VM servers) on 2 different browsers one of which is a fresh download of one you haven’t previously used (e.g. Firefox, Opera, Safari etc
-------------------- Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Don't cancel the engineer no matter what - They might have turned up when it was playing up but will investigate anyway. I had a problem with my V6 it was stuttering and pixelating on anything I watched -even recorded so I called VM and as soon as the phone connected it went right - only to do rubbish again a day later