Menu
omgitskie
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Loss of internet

Hi guys, 

I’ve always had problems with my VM i’ve been with them for two and half years now. My problem is intermittent dropping of the internet, this drops on all devices, wired or not. I can go months without a single drop, then suddenly it’s dropping constantly (had 4 drops today within 1 episode of tv!) 

the router usually displays green WiFi and arrows, sometimes the arrows go red. 

Usually restarting the router will fix it for a little while.

Ive tried tech support in the past and they say nothing is wrong. I’m not sure how long VM have been in this house as it was pre-installed before I moved in. 

Im begging to think it may be time to move, while I really don’t want to, do you guys have any suggestions, I’m at the end now! 

I have posted my router logs if that helps?

https://imgur.com/a/P6qnFke

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of internet

We need your up/down stream stats as well. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
omgitskie
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

4012EB04-1F67-4E26-92A5-D42338C68958.png

26FB6F52-DD68-4C62-8504-8DB442EFA8FB.png

A7899A39-B85C-479E-97B3-CA3073BEEDF5.png

@Tudor wrote:

We need your up/down stream stats as well. 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All those figures are within spec. You’ll need to phone customer services to see if there are any area fault, no NOT rely on the web page. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
omgitskie
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks, I will try tonight, see if I can get some one out. The fact it’s such an intermittent thing means the problem may not be there when the engineer comes. Do you think this a problem? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi omgitskie, 

Thank you for getting in touch!

I am really sorry you've been experiencing drop outs with your broadband connection. I have sent you a private message so we can check everything at our end for you. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos