Menu
Highlighted
M_Smith2850
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Changing my password

I am genuinely concerned by the password system here on the Virgin Media website. 

Not only are the restrictions on what password you can have rediculous, but for the week I have been unable to change my password. I have spent the last year recovering various accounts from someone who has access to my email, so being able to change my password would go a long way to alleviating my stresses.

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing my password

If you haven't done so already please check and follow the support article on our Security Hub on protecting and managing your online security and password.

If you're having problems following any of the advice or changing or updating any of your account information please provide details, including any error messages, and we'll be able to assist further.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
M_Smith2850
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My issue is that I am not getting any kind of message whatsoever. I go to the password reset page, i go through the process and at the end I select to reset my password. It then returns to the first page and nothing happens. It's not that I'm not trying to secure mg account, more so that the Virgin service will not allow me to secure it.

An update as well. I have lost access to my eBay account because of this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Could be a back end server error, though can you please check/confirm that you are signing in using your primary account user details?

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
M_Smith2850
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Only the primary user may change the password? I was not informed of this at any point during the process.

Also, to further my dismay, my account has had the password changed by someone other than me. I can confirm that the primary account holder would havd informed me of any changes, and i can therefore only assume that it is a problem with the Virgin services. Please reply to advise me on how to proceed from here.

Sincerely 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for any confusion, appreciate that it is concerning that your email password may have been compromised and your account locked as a result.

The account holder will need to sign in with their primary user details and reset your password, and in addition should follow all the advice mention above on 'What to do if you think your email account has been accessed by someone else'

If they should encounter any problem or error when trying to do this then please ask them to contact us directly on free phone 150 from a Virgin landline or on 0345 454 1111 local rate call, as we'll need to pass data protection, we'll then be able to assist further.

Rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
M_Smith2850
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Having spoken to a member of staff over the phone, i was able to reset the password, and hopefully that will fix the compromisation. This still does not allay my frustration at the poor password requirements that Virgin have, as the specifications are extremely dated and lead to a high risk of compromisation. 

Nevertheless, the issue is finished.

0 Kudos