Menu
Highlighted
soulupnorth
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

wifi printer wont connect to new virgin hub 3

I have just had the new hub 3 router fitted and now my wireless printer can't connect to it - HELP

ps the printer is an Epson L355 and connected fine to the old router!

0 Kudos
Littlemumdent
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi printer wont connect to new virgin hub 3

I'm just having the same problem, tried everything. Something is about to go out the window.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As far as I know the Epson L355 has a 2.4ghz wireless connection and the router has 5 and 2.4...

Try entering into the router page and separate the 2.4 /5 bands by giving  separate SSID  ...  then see if the printer connects to the 2.4 using that specific SSID name ..

... ZvnK ...

cgp8
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Having an issue connecting my HP7500 printer wirelessly to the new Hub.

Tried reading a few threads but not seen a fix.

Any help much appreciated.

Rgds

CGP

0 Kudos
tanzfroggy
Settling in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, but how do I do that? My Canon Pixma MG 5350 recognizes lots of other networks in the block except mine.

0 Kudos
anoyed
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have an Epson SX425W it says its set up to hub 3

Hub 3 can see it and says its connected

its set on 2.4

tried changing hub name and disable 5 but it still will not print

tried connecting via WPS it says its set up but still no print

printer status states not connected my old router didn't have a problem with the printer all my other devices connected and work fine

only way to do it is connect laptop to printer with cable unless anyone has any other ideas

virgin need to solve this problem ASAP

0 Kudos
rennies
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Did you find any resolution on this?  I also have an Epson SX425W and just had my HUB changed to 3.0.  Cant connect and tried all the usual stuff.  Driving me crazy.  I am a real technophobe so banging my head against a wall here.

0 Kudos
anoyed
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No no luck

had various “experts” suggest things but still no good

if theses people knew the answer they would all say the same thing but they don’t they just keep saying try this 

the only thing I could get it to do is hard wire laptop to printer with usb wire and change printer ports a couple of times in printer preferences 

but I can’t get a WiFi link to work 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ellen_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rennies. Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about your issue with your WiFi printer. You can either contact you printer's manufacturer or our Gadget Rescue team.

Gadget Rescue is a 24/7 service available to our Cable Broadband customers and their families to help them with all their computer and digital gadget issues.

You can call on 0800 014 7398. Keep us posted. ^Ellen_C

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would say that the root cause of not being able to connect a 2.4GHz printer to your Hub3's 2.4 network rests either in having "channel optimisation" activated - which just messes up 2.4 connections completely IMHO. And also because it has the same ssid as the 5GHz one - and this wont help a confused device to sort out how it should connect.
So switch off channel optimisation & reboot the Hub. Switch the printer off for a few minutes then on again and clear all previous connections from its "menu" and then set it up as the instruction manual describes for a first time connection to a new wifi network. If that still doesnt work, rename the ssid's of the 2.4/5 networks and repeat and "force" it onto that now separate network. If that doesnt work use a wifi channel optimising App and probe which of the 3 "usable channels (1,6,11) is least congested in your location - and if your 2.4 network is not on that one - switch it to it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos