Menu
Cass40
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

password changeme not accepted on supper hub 2 any ideas pleas

I have tried everything to change the password on my super hub. Changeme won't work even after a hard reset. Help please. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: password changeme not accepted on supper hub 2 any ideas pleas

when pressing the reset need to be held for a good 30 seconds, and during the reset dont reboot the hub
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I assume you mean for the Hub settings? The wifi uses the "passphrase" on the base sticker.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Cass40
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nothing works. The default password won't work, changeme won't work, resetting it hasn't either. However...currently turning it off and on again...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try turning off and unplugging for 5'. If that does nothing, do a pinhole reset again - for a bit longer/harder. Be sure to push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold for a "timed proper" 60 seconds do NOT restart the router after that. Your passwords/passphrase for both Hub and Wifi should revert to those printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/drawer.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cass40, 

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the community. 

Have you been able to perform the reset with the Hub? 

Let us know and we will be able to advise further Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Cass40
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In the end I had to hard wire the hub to a laptop (mine is broken so had to ask the neighbour 😡) and go through virgin media that way. Tried all suggestions (Thank you all so very much) and nothing worked. Took hours! I was very frustrated and hope I don't have to change the password again anytime soon! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the update Cass40.

I am sorry that the reset took longer than expected.

If you have any problems in the future, please get in touch and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat