Menu
Highlighted
DanWombwell
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media expansion

not sure if this is the correct place to post this but not long ago Virgin was installing cable in Hilton and then they installed a cable from hilton down to our village of hatton but that was a good while ago, was wondering is there a way to find out if they are going to continue to install virgin into our village or have they changed there mind and cancelled as they have also left hilton uncompleted.

thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media expansion

Hi Dan

Some plans sadly can be abandoned but the teams here will be able to check for you. Give them a week to get to this post as they work in date order here. 

Have you registered too with VM on the following link?

https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker/

Good luck.

Kaz 😊

Ex VM employee. Just here to help 🙂
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via Private Message Dan. 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

The team came back to me yesterday evening to say: The Hilton and Hatton area are one of the areas we have upcoming. Currently all civils possible have been completed, but we are awaiting approval from network rail in crossing one of their lines. We a trailing a new method of overhead lines for the fibre, which is proving a slow process with network rail and as such we don’t have a resolution date for when service will be available.

The new developments will be the first sites to gain service when ready as we are building them in anticipation. Once we have access over the railway I have been instructed to contact our infill team who will look at planning and delivering the existing homes which will hopefully include xx Clayton Gardens, although I can’t guarantee this as it will be infills discretion how far reaching the infill project will be. 

We are still some way off getting into the Hatton area, although it is an area we will be in in the not too distant future. 

So some positive news and some not so positive I'm afraid. Hopefully we will have a better idea once this has been passed to the infill team. 

Check back in with us next year and we can check for an update. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

DanWombwell
Joining in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thank you @kath_F for the reply, I will come back and ask for an update once I see the engineers around again in our area 

0 Kudos
DanWombwell
Joining in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Kath_F

do you know if there has been any changes?

thanks
Dan
0 Kudos
DanWombwell
Joining in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Kath_F

Has there been any changes? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi DanWombwell

Welcome back to the forums, Thanks for your post. 

I will re-email the Build Team and see if we can get another update on this

Thanks 

Zak 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi. 

Thanks for responding to our PM. This has now been raised with the team, as soon as i hear anything back I will get in touch. 

Thanks 

Zak 

0 Kudos
Mick2474
Joining in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but would someone be able to give me some information on the village of hemingfield please? Instalers have done the whole village and left a gap of around 10 houses in the middle of cemetery road not hooked up at all. 

I did start my own thread but got no info.

0 Kudos