Menu
kwuoo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin cancel order after waiting for 3 months

We moved to a new house and ordered Virgin 3 months ago. They said there would be short delay as some street cable work had to be done, which is fair enough. After a couple of installation date changes, as an apology they offered me high speed dongle free of charge to use in the meantime. This never came and when I chased this up they said they'd run out and I wouldn't be getting one due to CV in India.

Finally they came a couple of weeks ago and dug up the road and pavement and laid a cable to our boundary. Today I get a call to tell me they are cancelling the order as they can't service the address???

They can't give a reason for this, so I've raised a complaint, but I'm now left still working from home and running the house from a 4G dongle, which is very difficult as we're still working from home.

Why would do this after spending £thousands digging the road up and laying the cable?

0 Kudos
paultechy
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin cancel order after waiting for 3 months

believe the road works is the cheapest part of the job, but sometimes it can turn out not to be cost effective to get your connected up to the network, so that could be a possible reason, the forum staff might be able to give a more precise answer in a few days.
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi kwuoo,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. We are very sorry that your installation has been cancelled with us. We understand the frustration and inconvenience this issue has caused, especially when WFH. Unfortunately as our valued community member paultechy has advised it sometimes is not cost affective and therefore we will not continue with the connection.

We will certainly be able to speak to one of our field area managers to see if there is anymore information we can give you to see why we're unable to proceed with your install. I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you and see what we can find out.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi kwuoo,

Just a quick note to say I have emailed the area field managers to see if there is anymore we can do for you regarding this cancelled installation.

As soon as we have any response we will come back to you and update you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good evening kwuoo,

Just to let you know I have heard back from the area manager and he has agreed that we will get someone to return to your address tomorrow and asses the situation.

Fingers crossed it may be good news.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You're most welcome kwuoo

Please keep us posted with what happens with the visit tomorrow.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
kwuoo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well I'm pleased to say that the cables and box have now been fitted to our house and just waiting for the engineer to do the internal fit.

Thanks Jodi for you input with this!

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update @kwuoo.

We are glad to hear this! Have you been given an appointment date for the installation? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kwuoo
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

28th June!

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Amazing! Please keep us updated on how the appointment goes and if you need any further help 🙂 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos