Menu
swisschard
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 connection issues help still needed

Hello I reported an issue last Saturday, unfortunately so far I've had nobody from VM comment or advise on getting a resolution. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Superhub-3-modem-mode-frequent-connection...

The issue is still ongoing with patchy service occurring intermittantly as can be seen from this monitoring which is still in place:

9e6f0e3009715a78bf6182f458cf8e6e7df8be20.png

I've put full details in the original post. I'd appreciate some help with this from someone from VM soon if possible.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 connection issues help still needed

Dont start another identical thread only a day after the last reply - this isnt a hotline to VM - its a help forum.

That said... we know you have issues

So....

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

And update your original thread.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
swisschard
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 connection issues help still needed

Hi John,

Thanks for your quick reply. I did check Service Status multiple times before my original report and again just now (after a video conference for work was interrupted - but only for me).Service Status has come up green every time.

It's great having helpful people comment and offer advice but I only reposted after waiting several days and seeing other more recent posts being acknowledged by the VM team.

My experience of calling Helpdesk is that they politely want to close the call asap. They will not spend time on an intermittent fault and tell me to call back when the problem is present. I can often wait 40 minutes to speak to someone. My most recent outage just now was for about 2-3 minutes. This forum has been a better way of getting help.

0 Kudos