Menu
Andy_Harlington
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Router reverting back to default.

Hi all,

For the 2nd time now my VM router has reset itself back to its original SSID and passcode after I changed it. Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried rebooting it, changing the code and SSID but its gone back after a week.

The router itself works fine, just annoying it keeps going back to the default setting as I have lots of gadgets that I have to keep changing the code on.Smiley Mad

The router is a SH1.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Router reverting back to default.

Hi Andy_Harlington

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Many apologies that your Super Hub is reverting back to factory default settings, I know this can be annoying.

I would like to send you a replacement router as I believe the router is at fault and I don't want you to have to re-set your settings again. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can order this for you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

VM_LH
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My router is doing the same thing, twice in one week, my router has defaulted back to factory settings. please advise what i must do to get a replacement. this is becoming a real nuisance.

0 Kudos
twinnyajr
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The same thing has happened to me.  Suddenly, with warning when I came home today none of my devices could connect.  I then in desperation, attempted the original password, which worked! This should not happen - especially as the changed password had been working quite well since I did it!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello twinnyajr

What a pain sorry, was it a one off, are you still having problems with the hub losing information?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
twinnyajr
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola. Thanks for responding. A one-off so far (only had it since April this year). Will keep monitoring...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Morning twinnyajr

Thank goodness for that, if it does start happening more frequently do let us know.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
twinnyajr
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nicola-
It has happened again today... I had to figure out the issue (i.e. I guessed), as it simply would not accept my own password.
Any ideas to mitigate this?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey twinnyajr,

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your Hub. If you send me a PM confirming your name and address, I'll send you a replacement.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mazza3
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I have tried to change my original SSID and passcode and have also found it has changed back automatically to my original codes.

Please let me know what needs to be done about this.

Thanks

Mary

0 Kudos