Menu
JALDS
Joining in
Message 21 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeated area outages

We have no internet at all this evening and have been told by the technical team on the phone that it's a very local issue and an engineer will come out...next week. I don't know what "very local" means- hope they are not suggesting it's only our house, as it obviously isn't. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 30
Flag for a moderator

How're things looking for you now dgxpert? 

Are you still having an issue JALDS? If it's an area issue then it would usually appear here, if so there should also be an estimated fix time. 

Let us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
dgxpert
Dialled in
Message 23 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

Rob advised the fault was due to be fixed on 6th August. The stability seems to have improved slightly on a morning but it's still dropping out badly from mid-afternoon all the way through the evening peak until late night.

There is a live Broadband Quality Monitor of my connection in the first page of this thread - you can see it still dropping out. If you look closely at the top of the graph you can see some tiny little red spikes where there's been lots of shorter outages. Some of them don't show on the graph but are enough to cause a nuisance.

The broadband service status never shows any problems. But when the connection drops out and I run the tool to check the connection it usually says it needs 10 minutes to finish up.

0 Kudos
JALDS
Joining in
Message 24 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

Ours came back later yesterday evening and was then fine until the morning (I left the house around 7.30 and it was still up). When I got in after after work today it was down again but came back after half an hour or so and is still back now. But I'm not holding my breath thinking it's over yet I'm afraid!

0 Kudos
dgxpert
Dialled in
Message 25 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Wednesday 7th August:

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media Home

Thursday 8th August:

0 Kudos
JALDS
Joining in
Message 26 of 30
Flag for a moderator

dgxpert's posted patterns seem to echo mine. Yesterday (8th) I was out from 6.45 until 8.30 so can't say if it was down then, but both outages on 7th and 8th around 6pm reflect mine.

Today it's been fine, when I've been here (i.e. early morning and from 6pm)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting Jalds, it may have been an area issue that has since been resolved. Apologies for any inconvenience caused, monitor it going forward and get back to us if you need us any further.

Rob

0 Kudos
dgxpert
Dialled in
Message 28 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Friday 9th August:

Saturday 10th August - the massive drops disappear, but a lot of brief outages showing at the top of the graph:

Sunday 11th August - looks OK:

Monday 12th August - unusable for most of the afternoon again:

0 Kudos
JALDS
Joining in
Message 29 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Unusable most of this afternoon too...

Yesterday an engineer came out to see us. He told us that the upstream noise in the area was first notified on June 23rd, and current estimated end date was August 12th (yesterday). At that point it seemed all right and we all hoped it was fixed. But come today....

And as it's obviously a known issue, it puzzles me why the technical helpline doesn't acknowledge this when people speak to an operator, but always suggest it might be one's own connection at fault. 

0 Kudos
dgxpert
Dialled in
Message 30 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Tuesday 13th August:

Wednesday 14th August - not too bad:

Thursday 15th August:

Friday 16th August - mostly lots of small outages and packet loss:

This has just cost me another £35 with Three for an extra month of unlimited data on my 4G router after last month's plan ran out of data.

0 Kudos