Menu
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Technician needed

Hi @SnakeD

I do agree that the way installs are done and checked could be made better, I myself had an issue similar to yours end of last year, however the 12th is probably as good as its going to get right now,

Hang on here though and if a staff member gets round to you before the the 12th I'm sure they will see what they can do.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
SnakeD
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Technician needed

I recently moved and was told by virgin I'd have access to my media, the tech came to the new property and it turns out whilst it was vacant someone has pulled my cable for another install obviously for a virgin install. Initially I was told I'd have to wait until the 18th which is impossible when working from home and with two young children. Outsourced engineering team were phenomenal in getting the outside work done. All in all spent over 8 hours on the phone and spoke to well over 15 people (there have been some good ones) but many have been so unhelpful. Have been told today they can make this the 12th but it's still not good enough. Considering Virgin have caused this issue and really impacted my work and home life surely my install can be upgraded, several people promised this would be the case but of course nothing was done or noted. I am so angry about the whole situation because all this external engineering and audits should have been done before I moved in and before you confirmed I'd have access. Surely there is someone who can fast track this for me as it wasn't my fault

0 Kudos
SnakeD
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

SnakeD
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume they are going to ignore me until the 12th. Im really shocked that a Branson company would have such poor customer service

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@SnakeD wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume they are going to ignore me until the 12th. Im really shocked that a Branson company would have such poor customer service

Virgin Media is not a 'Branson' company.  It is owned by an American company Liberty Global.  They pay a licence fee to use the Virgin name which goes back to when NTL/Telewest bought Virgin Mobile from the Virgin Group.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately it can take up to 2 weeks to get response from Virgin staff on the forum as there's not always someone here that deals with account specific issues.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
SnakeD
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks that does help, one of there people on fb said "over the weekend" they'd get back but obviously trying to get me off the public forum

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I would strongly advise 'any' customer being promised a call back to politely refuse, no call backs in history have happened unless via the complaints process.

The current support situation puts a bad taste in my mouth.

0 Kudos
SnakeD
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It does help, thank you. 

It just amazes me that they can allow their company to be destroyed by bad customer service and poorly chosen cost cutting measures

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi SnakeD

Thanks for posting. 

My apologies for the install delay. I've checked this here today and that was indeed the first available slot offered. There sadly wouldn't be anything we can do to get it sooner as I've checked the availability today and the 12th is indeed the earliest.

Please do let us know how the visit goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos