Menu
Paddymc88
Joining in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Registering my account

Hi,

Is anyone having problems registering for a new account?

I have got everything installed in my house however have no visibility of my account as every time i go into register it tells me that there is a problem with the page. I even called customer service and i was told that i can register via the app which i tried and it brought me to the same page. 

0 Kudos
rcoley
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Registering my account

It’s the same crap that’s been going on for over a week now!! Virgin have some issue with their systems but they don’t think it’s worth telling us. I’ve managed to register, but cannot access Virgin Media or Virgin Go

0 Kudos
dugdale
Joining in
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I'm having the same problem and to be perfectly honest Virgin Media customer service have been worse than useless.

I've been with Virgin Media for many years (still have an NTL email address) and spend well over 100 pounds each month on my TV, internet and two mobile phone contracts - how much my actual bill is for TV and internet, well I don't know as I can't access the bill on My Virgin Media as my account is a secondary account.

After numerous phone calls I was told that there has never been a primary account registered against me so I needed to set one up - the only way to do this is to create a non-virgin media email address, which I did, and contact customer services again, which I did, and they would create a primary account for me, which they didn't do. I waited another few days for the promised email telling me that they'd created the primary account for me but it never arrived.

Yet another phone call and was told that I would have to register my new non Virgin Email address on "My Virgin Media" which I tried to do but got the same message that many of us are experiencing stating that there is a problem with the page. When I mentioned this the customer service representative told me, "I know, it's broken so you can't register". "When will it be repaired ?" I politely asked "It should be repaired yesterday" was the reply I was given. Trying not to lose my patience I mentioned that "Obviously it wasn't fixed yesterday as it's still broken" only to be told "I don't know when it'll be fixed, maybe tomorrow".

Currently I can't view my bill or register for Virgin TV Go. I can, however spend a great deal of time either on hold to a call centre or talking to someone who hasn't been able to either give me a solution to the problem or tell me when a solution will be available. I'll give it until 29th June before I cancel my subscription.

0 Kudos
Paddymc88
Joining in
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

How did you manage to register in the end? 

0 Kudos
dugdale
Joining in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Still haven't managed to register

0 Kudos
Sigurton
Joining in
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Me too. I can't fully experience my internet because of the child protection. 

0 Kudos
VM3292789
Joining in
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

could we get any update please? It's really frustrating to check many times per day to try to create an account.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone,

I am sorry to see that you are experiencing problems registering an online account.

This is a known issue that we are working to resolve and as soon as we have any updates they will be posted into this thread here - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Unable-to-register-for-online-accou....

@Sigurton - whilst this issue is being fixed, you can contact our team on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and we can update your internet settings that way.

I apologise for the inconvenience this will be causing everyone.

Kind regards,

Dave_DW

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
dugdale
Joining in
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for braving the flak and posting Dave_DW, unfortunately you haven't been able to provider an answer to our problems with registering on My Virgin Media.

Until yesterday I was able to access my My Virgin Media Account however as it's only a secondary account I couldn't do anything like see my bill etc. As there is (and has been for over two weeks) a problem with the website I've been unable to create a new account to convert my secondary account to a primary account and actually do anything useful.

Since yesterday I've been unable to receive or send any emails via outlook so again I phoned Virgin Media customer support only to be told there's a known issue with emails and I will have to go in through My Virgin Media to access them - unfortunately I can no longer access my Virgin Media as apparently my password is incorrect - it worked perfectly well yesterday and was saved on my PC so something's gone wrong somewhere along the line. The solution I was given by customer support was to register a new account on My Virgin Media, except it's not working at the moment and they couldn't tell me when it was going to be fixed.

So I'm currently paying well over one hundred pound a month but can't tell you how much as I can't access my bill. Can't register to watch TV via TV Go nor can I read or send any emails. Nor can anyone tell me when any of this will be remedied.

I'm sorry to say but I can not and will not recommend Virgin Media to anyone and will be very vocal in explaining just how I feel about the quality of service that I and many others have received over the last few weeks.

0 Kudos
dugdale
Joining in
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

At last I managed to access My Virgin Media and attempted to register another email address so that I can actually have a primary account, unfortunately it would appear that I don't have the option to add a new email address so yet another phone call to customer services.
They couldn't add a new email address either so they have to escalate the issue to 2nd line support, which is finished for the day so I've been promised a call back tomorrow.

This is exactly the same position I was in last Monday, waiting for a solution from the tech team. I'm slowly losing the will to live. I've spoken to Virgin media 5 times over the last week and no one has managed to resolve my issue. I'm still waiting for the email that I was promised on 19th June with the solution to this issue.
0 Kudos