Menu
Torivic
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No broadband for a week????

Can anyone at Virgin help please??  My broadband has been down all day.  Virgin website says no issues.  Tried to call this morning, automated message says is an issue, being fixed currently, will text updates.  Now late afternoon, no updates, still nothing on website, still not working.  But automated message on customer services line now says there are no issues.  So have spoken to someone on 150 who unhelpfully tells me it will be down until 9pm 2nd September?!???  I work from here, that is catastrophic!!!!  And you’ve just sent me a new router to install before 31st August, so you don’t downgrade my account!  So, how on earth do I do that?  And really,  no broadband till 2nd? And what compensation for lost business?  Second major complaint in as many weeks Virgin - what’s going on??  Oh, and you might like to tell your call centre staff that telling me only a very few customers are suffering this fault is not helpful!!! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband for a week????

If you are on a Residential package you will get no compensation for loss of Business - you need to be on the Business package to qualify for that.

EDIT add:  As well as the  “check service,”  weblink at the top of this forum board, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info.  

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Torivic
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you!  Will try the number to try and get an idea as to when it might be sorted.  Can then make other arrangements accordingly.  

0 Kudos
hp11
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We've had intermittent problems for a week or so now, with broadband going down for quite long periods, especially in the morning.   Web and app say no issues (so spent much of Sunday morning rebooting and resetting the router to no avail).   Phoned 150 to hear an automated message that there is a problem in our area and it is particularly complex so will take longer than usual to fix.   I registered for text updates - haven't had one in 48 hours now.   Not sure if our problem is the same but hope it's not going to take until 2nd September to fix.  My son is about to start his last GCSE study year and had a load of homework he is trying to get through before term starts.  I wanted to help him over the Bank Holiday weekend but we've been limited in what we can do.

I will try that number to see if I can get more service information.  

Only recently been told our package price is going up too! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hp11: If you are unhappy with the service, because of the price increase - you can leave without any financial penalty.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos