Menu
Highlighted
OWestrup
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New customer and my hub doesn’t work 👍🏼

I received my hub and vivo today, followed the installation instructions and have been unable to get the hub to work. The base light flashes green and doesn’t connect to he internet at all. Phoned customer services to be told they would send an engineer out but not until next weekend.

Pretty awful start really. Any useful suggestions would be welcome. Alternatively I feel I could just cancel and subscribe with sky and have it installed and working quicker

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer and my hub doesn’t work 👍🏼

Are you certain that the coaxial cables are correctly fitted? It is very easy to get the centre wire bent. Make sure they are screwed up tight.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Silly question perhaps, but did you call in to activate the Hub and vivo? Even if you did it might be worth calling the activation line again to see if it went through ok.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

adding to the above you say received hub etc today so its a self install - if non of the above helps then you need a tech - you obviously have points inside the house but thats no guarantee that they work - anything can have happened to the outside cabling since the last user - VM have no way of testing that until you connect the hub

Tony
0 Kudos