Menu
Highlighted
GoonerKing
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New account with existing equipment

Hi,

I have Virgin Broadband that was set up by my housemate (so the account is in his name) who has recently moved out.  It seems like it would be easier to cancel this account and set up a new one as I would also like to add TV in a bundle.  My question is, seeing as i already have the connection into the house and the router, can  just do the quick start self install?  If so, can i choose what equipment in need etc?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New account with existing equipment

Yes you can do a quick start, but he will have to cancel his account and return the present equipment, as it is rented and belongs to VM. The quick start kit will include all the equipment you need.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New account with existing equipment

Hi GoonerKing

Thanks for getting in touch.

Yes if you set up a new account as Tudor has mentioned, the old equipment would have to be returned as this is linked specifically to the previous account holder.

Quickstart should be able to be offered with no issues given the account has been connected in the recent past.

You can arrange this via Sales.

Sales
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 08:00 - 22:00
Telephone Number: 0800 052 2525.

Kind regards and good luck

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos